Page 26 of 149 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526272829303132333676126 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Maybe the City sales and reducing of their wage bill is another behind closed doors reigning in of City, like Riley stepping down from the PGMOL after they handed them 2 titles in the last four years they didn't win on his watch, maybe the Premier League have concluded their investigation of City's FFP related activity and agreed to let them off if they get their house in order?

I think with Chelsea's and Spurs' summer business and our lack of signing a top midfielder and weakening ourselves short term to hopefully be better again longer term, this season might well be a tough one
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Koulibaly apparently very close to signing for Chelsea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sterling to chelsea done
    Let's be fair, Chelsea are building a decent squad. On paper, at least.
    Wonder if they could spare us a midfield player?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Let's be fair, Chelsea are building a decent squad. On paper, at least.
    Wonder if they could spare us a midfield player?
    I do think (in more general terms) that with the money that's in the Premier League combined with the relative lack (numerically) of financial heavyweights outside our League, that we may start to see more business done between the "Big Six" sides simply so more purchases+sales can be made.

Carney Chukwuemeka didn't travel for pre-season tour and can negotiate with clubs in January for his departure.

He'll be wanting minutes you would think. We couldn't guarantee that, but a side like Dortmund could likely go for him.

I'd like us to buy him, looks a real talent, but we wouldn't provide the minutes he would want. If we could acquire him and loan him out to the right club, he'd be an astute investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Koulibaly apparently very close to signing for Chelsea.
    Think he'll get murdered in the Prem. Strong in the air, but a turning circle like a tank. Think the pace of the league will catch him out.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Lisandro Martinez looks to be on his way to United for €55 million. It will be interesting to see how a 5'9" central defender copes with the physicality of the premier league

Baresi was only 5'8" and he wasn't too shabby.. A smaller CB might not be so great in the air but may be more agile and add another dimension into positional play - sweeper etc. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Lisandro Martinez looks to be on his way to United for €55 million. It will be interesting to see how a 5'9" central defender copes with the physicality of the premier league
    Actually think he as an individual is a good player - if they partner him with Maguire though it may have teething problems at a minimum.

Martinez, for better or worse, likes to step out and deal with danger early. He is an "aggressive" defender in that sense. Maguire on the other hand is more liable to do that Skrtel-ish dropping off and defends best when there aren't decisions to be made - Maguire can defend a corner better than a well-timed run etc.

That means they will either have to coach the absolute life out of Maguire (lol, ROFL, etc) or tweak Martinez's natural game.

If Martinez were linked with US I'd be pleased. Not sure he is the right short-term fix for them. Long-term they could try to sell Maguire (hahaha!) and build around Martinez I guess.

Barcelona agree £42.5m deal to sign Lewandowski

How the fuck can they still afford players & wages, I don't understand

on a 33 year old too, thank fuck we're not like them!

Ronaldo being linked to Bayern now lol
    Last edited by Kev0909; 16th July 2022 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Oops
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Barcelona agree £42.5m deal to sign Bayern Munich
    Fairplay, that's a fucking bargain
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!