Page 29 of 149 FirstFirst ... 192223242526272829303132333435363979129 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    You could have kept that quiet! He might not have noticed...

Now we're going to get a tirade of lengthy posts on how shit Joe Gomez is
    Not forgetting shoehorning Fabinho and Thiago in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    You could have kept that quiet! He might not have noticed...

Now we're going to get a tirade of lengthy posts on how shit Joe Gomez is
    If it all gets too overwhelming I'll dig out footage of Milan Jovanovic or the Aspas corner.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Utd had better get their shit together, Arsenal and Spurs have made some good improvements.
    I'm more worried about us personally
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Are you worried about us? Or more just in the sense of "focus on us lads" sort of thing?

Mane's goals will be the main thing we miss, but I think some of the new attackers will definitely plug a lot of that gap collectively.

Do think we could do with taking a calculated gamble and going a bit "weaker" in the Domestic Cup comps - know we could risk an early exit but it would be wonderful to lift a League or Champion's League again and a few less appearances for our key players could make the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    The ageing / injury prone midfield and the loss of Mané's goals are a bit of a concern. Diaz won't score anywhere near as many as Mané which puts loads of pressure on Salah. Hopefully Salah will relish being the undisputed main man and continues to score 30+ goals, Jota can continue to score 20+ and Nunez hits 15+

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Are you worried about us? Or more just in the sense of "focus on us lads" sort of thing?

Mane's goals will be the main thing we miss, but I think some of the new attackers will definitely plug a lot of that gap collectively.

Do think we could do with taking a calculated gamble and going a bit "weaker" in the Domestic Cup comps - know we could risk an early exit but it would be wonderful to lift a League or Champion's League again and a few less appearances for our key players could make the difference.
    Playing every match possible last season was just too much for the players who looked absolutely knackered over the last few weeks of the season. I think resting all of the first XI for the domestic cups would be a good idea

From the end of the season we've added Ramsey, Carvalho and Nunez for Origi, Taki & Mane.

We played a lot of b teamers in our cups runs, only towards the end did the a-team take the pitch in finals. Taki our top scorer in both domestic cups.

With 5 subs available to Klopp, all fit you wouldn't really make one change to our starting midfield in a CL final.
    It's an area where rotation is a lot more difficult as there are clearer drop offs in quality.

Juventus have signed Gleison Bremer from Torino for £34.8m.
    I hope you're happy? You've just ruined 19s summer!

Not overly worried but I think so far other teams have had much better summers than us, some anyway.

I'd be surprised if we don't come 3rd after Chelsea at this rate well if they bring a few more in that they've been strongly linked with.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 21st July 2022 at 02:53 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

We thought other teams had better summers than us last year too.