Page 30 of 149 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930313233343536374080130 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    We thought other teams had better summers than us last year too.
    They may well have done too. So many questions..

Who knows how Chelsea would have done had the war in Ukraine not forced them into near extinction? We might not have won a bean. So many ifs and buts and maybe's in any season.

Who knows what we might have won had we brought in that much needed midfielder. Who knows what we also might have won in 2020 had we not made a profit in summer 2019. Does anybody know what may have happened in 2020 had we replaced Lovren as we should have done...?

Wherever you look you can see, we are a team punching above our weight. Certainly when you see Klopp begging for players in winter. People forget. Last summer we had a poor window but the team stepped up to the plate and performed brilliantly - the 2 things are not necessarily connected.

Tell you one thing - I can't see us winning a bean unless we had that brilliant summer in 2018..following the capture of Virgil in Jan... bankrolled by the sale of Coutinho..

So while some pat the club on the back for its business acumen and tremendous work in saving itself a fortune - remember who is taking up the slack. Remember who is making much much more of the tools he has at his disposal than so many rivals.

I take your point Steveo but I just can't bear this dogged summer pessimism before a ball has been kicked. The fact is we don't know. We don't know so we brick it.

We buy Nunez and it turns out he is shit already, while Man Utd go shopping in the Dutch league and we piss our pants.

Just when will supporting Liverpool ever become enjoyable?

I take your point Steveo but I just can't bear this dogged summer pessimism before a ball has been kicked. The fact is we don't know. We don't know so we brick it.

We buy Nunez and it turns out he is shit already, while Man Utd go shopping in the Dutch league and we piss our pants.

Stop being daffty daffy

Just because I said I think other teams have improved more, how does it stop football/liverpool being more enjoyable?

I enjoy it eitherway, I'd support us in league 1..... doesn't mean I don't want the club to do the best it can though instead of being held back from constant good times and trophies..
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I haven’t been looking that closely, but can’t recall seeing too much pessimism mate. A few are a little concerned and that is understandable.

This is a forum and seems a good place to voice any concerns.

Imagine what a dull place it would be if all we saw was shiny happy people all saying how wonderful the club is…

It’s summer - we are bored, some seem happy with our business and others seem less so. Anyone who thinks Nunez is shit - either has a crystal ball OR is judging him on a sample pool of nothing.

I wouldn’t worry yourself over supporting Liverpool - it’s not done in here - especially at this time of year it’s all about hopes and fears.
    Last edited by Steveo; 21st July 2022 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Stop being daffty daffy

Just because I said I think other teams have improved more, how does it stop football/liverpool being more enjoyable?

I enjoy it eitherway, I'd support us in league 1..... doesn't mean I don't want the club to do the best it can though instead of being held back from constant good times and trophies..
    Not just because of that, Kev, you said Chelsea will finish above us. You were Kevative last summer too, if I recall.

We don't yet know if other teams have improved more, but we know they certainly needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I haven’t been looking that closely, but can’t recall seeing too much pessimism mate. A few are a little concerned and that is understandable.

This is a forum and seems a good place to voice any concerns.

Imagine what a dull place it would be if all we saw was shiny happy people all saying how wonderful the club is…

It’s summer - we are bored, some seem happy with our business and others seem less so. Anyone who thinks Nunez is shit - either has a crystal ball OR is judging him on a sample pool of nothing.

I wouldn’t worry yourself over supporting Liverpool - it’s not done in here - especially at this time of year it’s all about hopes and fears.
    Nothing wrong with voicing ones concerns (that's what I'm doing when I say I'm concerned about pessimism!)

It’s not pessimism that bothers me. Not only am I pessimistic, I believe pessimism is a wise position to take in general.

What we get on here is constantt moaning about what we don’t have as if we are on the receiving end of some kind of injustice. This is a desperately ungrateful position to take, one that must look strange to anyone outside the club (except those whose club has become a harem for its owner) and is something I personally find tiresome because it comes across as entitled behaviour and I don’t like entitlement as a rule. I prefer a bit of spirit in the face of unfavourable odds and to live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It’s not pessimism that bothers me. Not only am I pessimistic, I believe pessimism is a wise position to take in general.

What we get on here is constantt moaning about what we don’t have as if we are on the receiving end of some kind of injustice. This is a desperately ungrateful position to take, one that must look strange to anyone outside the club (except those whose club has become a harem for its owner) and is something I personally find tiresome because it comes across as entitled behaviour and I don’t like entitlement as a rule. I prefer a bit of spirit in the face of unfavourable odds and to live in hope.
    Well yeah, that and all.

Your last line sounds like the basis for a really rousing football anthem.

Well yeah, that and all.

Your last line sounds like the basis for a really rousing football anthem.
    Yes sir it does

If only we’d signed that midfielder it’d be worth singing

I see Nottingham forest have signed Lingard.. To me thats a bad signing. he could have gone to West-Ham but gone to Forest for more wages. Says it all about him has a person
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century