Page 31 of 149 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031323334353637384181131 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I see Nottingham forest have signed Lingard.. To me thats a bad signing. he could have gone to West-Ham but gone to Forest for more wages. Says it all about him has a person
    Yes I thought exactly the same. No axe to grind with Forest, but surely they will spend most of the season in a relegation battle. (with Everton).

Which is why the 1 year contract makes sense..

Saves money when you think about it, not sure how much wage he's on was silly reports of 200k but then also 80k... so who knows..

But a equal player of his quality+Wages would cost more to bring in eitherway
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Nothing wrong with voicing ones concerns (that's what I'm doing when I say I'm concerned about pessimism!)
    Totally agree, I’m just saying I wouldn’t let any doubts others have wind you up or spoil your fun, If you are happy with things enjoy it I say.

I am a natural pessimist and always lean towards the more negative thoughts on potential outcomes, thankfully most often I am proved comprehensively wrong, it’s most likely a self defence mechanism. Protects me when we do fail but on the flip side it probably means I don’t enjoy the ride as much as I could,

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Not overly worried but I think so far other teams have had much better summers than us, some anyway.

I'd be surprised if we don't come 3rd after Chelsea at this rate well if they bring a few more in that they've been strongly linked with.
    Fair enough - to each their own and you've every right to view it through that lens.

We will have a full season of Diaz - very excited to see what he can do, particularly if he can get his goal-scoring boots on. Mane's shoes are big ones to fill.

Núñez probably gets us more goals than Firmino has been of late, or Origi - possibly the two combined if all goes well.

Carvalho's goal should be to get as close to Minamino's output as he can. Won't be easy, but I'm sure he's up to it.

Jota is also almost being forgotten in it all.

It would be interesting to take our best goal-scoring seasons for certain players (let's say the most productive campaign for Firmino, Mane and Salah) and at the end of the season compare the total goals scored by Núñez, Diaz and Salah. I doubt very much the "new" trio will match it, but if we can get close whilst getting contributions from Jota, Firmino and Carvalho it would bode well for the future.

Scamacca brilliant signing for west ham.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Red Bull Salzburg have responded to Slovenia forward Benjamin Sesko, 19, being linked with Manchester United by saying they want "300 million + Bruno" on social media. Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes, 27, is one of the Old Trafford club's key players. (RB Salzburg on Twitter)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Wijnaldum is reportedly close to joining Mourinho on loan at Roma according to La Gazetta dello Sport.

He says he needs regular minutes to get back into the Dutch World cup squad which he will get at Roma

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Red Bull Salzburg have responded to Slovenia forward Benjamin Sesko, 19, being linked with Manchester United by saying they want "300 million + Bruno" on social media. Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes, 27, is one of the Old Trafford club's key players. (RB Salzburg on Twitter)
    Is that him who played against us tonight ?

Seems so
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Wijnaldum is reportedly close to joining Mourinho on loan at Roma according to La Gazetta dello Sport.

He says he needs regular minutes to get back into the Dutch World cup squad which he will get at Roma
    Fallen off a cliff since he left us.
    Hardly any games for PSG, when he was a regular starter here.
    Missed quite a few Holland games as well, I would imagine since joining PSG.