Page 35 of 149 FirstFirst ... 252829303132333435363738394041424585135 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Supposedly 7 clubs interested but they want £50m, no one so far valuing him as worth it.
    Looks decent but only 19.

Chelsea have signed Cucurella for around 50 mill........absolutely ridiculous fee !!!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    City have definitely weakened their squad, without managing to improve their first 11.

All good.
    Not sure about that. Think Haaland is an upgrade on Sterling/Jesus. Phillips isn't half the player Fernandinho is/was, but he has been very much a bit part player. Zinchenko is lucky to have played at CL level, so whoever they bring in at full back there won't be a drop off quality.

And all this assuming no one else comes in.

Think like both us and Chelsea we're starting the season at scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Chelsea have signed Cucurella for around 50 mill........absolutely ridiculous fee !!!
    Brighton have released a statement saying that this hasn't happened yet.

Chortle.

Fees are absolutely wild at the moment - I guess if Grealish can command a £100m fee then everyone's expensive

Still a few weeks left of the window yet. I just hope we can get off to a good start truthfully - could make all the difference come the end of the season.

[QUOTE=Insidious;2763427]Brighton have released a statement saying that this hasn't happened yet.

Fees are absolutely wild at the moment - I guess if Grealish can command a £100m fee then everyone's expensive .

Spot on… I’m just amazed he hasn’t hit the headlines this summer for his partying antics ! He is unlikely to hit any other headlines of note. A good player, a knobhead, but 100m ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Spot on… I’m just amazed he hasn’t hit the headlines this summer for his partying antics ! He is unlikely to hit any other headlines of note. A good player, a knobhead, but 100m ffs.
    I don't envisage all that much improvement from him either - he just comes across as "I've made it" and his desire to run at players that was on display at his former club looks hampered by the tactical instruction of Pep-ball.

In other news Luis Alberto may finally be leaving Lazio (he is regularly linked with a move away so don't hold your breath) - we would get a percentage - think it's 30% - probably of the profit rather than the sale which won't be huge. But if it's even a couple of million that's potentially an addition to the Academy for a player who left years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Not sure about that. Think Haaland is an upgrade on Sterling/Jesus. Phillips isn't half the player Fernandinho is/was, but he has been very much a bit part player. Zinchenko is lucky to have played at CL level, so whoever they bring in at full back there won't be a drop off quality.

And all this assuming no one else comes in.

Think like both us and Chelsea we're starting the season at scratch.
    assuming Haaland doesn't get injured, presumably they have to rest him from time to time. They look a bit lighter up top under those circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    assuming Haaland doesn't get injured, presumably they have to rest him from time to time. They look a bit lighter up top under those circumstances
    Their quality in depth does look a bit lessened. Could tell in the February-May spell though I do think they make additions. The only reason not to is for Pep to try to win the League and rather laughably say "positive net spend, see, it isn't all just money with us" or some nonsense.

Think the most appearances Haaland has had in a League campaign is 27 - I think back to us in 08/09 where Gerrard and Torres didn't play together as often as we would like - do their results waver at all if Haaland and De Bruyne miss a reasonable number of games?

Still think a fast start is crucial for us this season. Take advantage of the "bedding in" time that they (might) need.

Would rather have Zinchenko than Cucurella on what I have seen so far. Who will City have as back up LB? Who is covering the minutes played and goals scored from the flanks, vacated by Sterling?
    Phillips in CM for City…Really??

I don’t see them as having improved at all in this window and time is running out.

Barca are really a twat of a club. They are signing players but expecting their current players to fk off and not get their wages due..
    Its like well we offered you this amount. But just go anyway..Thankfully several are sticking around and not leaving and expect to be paid in full what is due to them.. Barcelona are fked when it comes to registering the players they have bought right now.

Barcelona got themselves in this mess and think by robbing players it will solve the riddiculous errors they have made.. what a shit of a club.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century