Page 39 of 149 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839404142434445464989139 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Did I read something, somewhere that of Chelsea's last £300m worth of forwards, none have reached double figures!?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Ten goals over two seasons. That's £2m a goal when you offset the transfer fee back to RB Leipzig. That's not including the £272k a week wages, lol...
    Incredibly poor value (for Chelsea) - I am absolutely convinced he would get goals for us had he come - not League 20 goals per season or anything, but certainly 10-15 in all comps doesn't seem unrealistic.

The space he creates for others with his runs is brilliant. There's a couple of performances of his (I think v Man City in the Champion's League may have been one, can't remember) where you see highlights of a match and his movement always stands out. He's rather "waspish" in that sense - it's a quality Kuyt had, Lucas had and Firmino had (though you see it less now with Bobby) and whilst he'd never be "the star" he could be a great foil/facilitator in the right set-up.

I was just reading this statement in - ( The Guardian ) stating..."Barcelona still cannot register their "summer signings" after La Liga rejected an attempt to use the Clubs own funds to inflate the value of two of the "asset sales" they had resorted to in order to balance the books and strengthen their team."

My point in bringing this forth is: Why are so many top end players willing to sign for them knowing this.
    I mean knowing they already can't register several new signings yet others are still
    intent on signing for them
    Last edited by fagin; 9th August 2022 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    I was just reading this statement in - ( The Guardian ) stating..."Barcelona still cannot register their "summer signings" after La Liga rejected an attempt to use the Clubs own funds to inflate the value of two of the "asset sales" they had resorted to in order to balance the books and strengthen their team."

My point in bringing this forth is: Why are so many top end players willing to sign for them knowing this.
    I mean knowing they already can't register several new signings yet others are still
    intent on signing for them
    Nice City, nice climate, nice food, nice kit…..plus the salary will arrive and they are already multi millionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Nice City, nice climate, nice food, nice kit…..plus the salary will arrive and they are already multi millionaires.
    I agree about the City etc least ways from my vacay' there back in the day..but they didn't become millionaires by not getting paid....as in De Jong is still owed about 17 mill i don't know the exact figure from couple years ago...who else is possibly in that boat with him.

Shows how close to chaos you can get with a billion quid of debt. It’s not like they have less income than Chelsea either unless my assumptions are wrong. So my guess is Chelsea and Man U are making themselves vulnerable to this kind of scenario with their debt accumulation policy

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    I agree about the City etc least ways from my vacay' there back in the day..but they didn't become millionaires by not getting paid....as in De Jong is still owed about 17 mill i don't know the exact figure from couple years ago...who else is possibly in that boat with him.
    I take your point but he will get it if his contract is watertight. The only way he won’t is if the Barcelona boat sinks. Most unlikely but ….straws and camels backs ??

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Werner going back to Leipzig for £25.3m.

I know many don't rate Werner due to high profile misses in front of goal (confidence player?) but considering his work-rate and excellent runs off the ball that seems a pretty low output for Leipzig.

Wonder how much money Chelsea have wasted when you combine fees and loans against sales for Werner and Lukaku.

The lack of thought some clubs seem to put into transfers is astonishing really.

Wonder what Werner's new wage will be - apparently was on something like £272k-per-week at Chelsea which is a massive wedge of money.
    Not the worst bit of business by Chelsea, signed a rising star and it didn't work out. Be interesting to see how he does in the BL this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Not the worst bit of business by Chelsea, signed a rising star and it didn't work out. Be interesting to see how he does in the BL this time round.
    You would be invaluable in Chelsea’s PR/ media department ��
    To turn another major waste of fees in to it being not as bad as the other larger waste of fees.��

If true, fabulous news

Manchester City have reached an agreement to sell Portugal playmaker Bernardo Silva, 27, to long-time suitors Barcelona for a fee of between £42m and £46.5m. (Manchester Evening News)