Page 57 of 149 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467107 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    at this point with all the new comercial deals we've made in last few years and under FSG, champions league money, the list goes on

there is no excuses why we can't do that.

Apart from... FSG running to the bank.

If thing's carry on even Sid will start getting fed up with them.
    Indeed Kev, but in order for John W Henry to trouser more than £990,000,000 in less than 1 YEAR... (remember he made over 580,000,000 in the 7 month's prior to October 2021) - I think our prudence as a club is most important.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fsg-chief-john-henry-24688902.amp

So he has personally increased his wealth by over £1.5 billion in less than 18 months - that's almost what his entire net worth was - pre pandemic...!

https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/.amp/news/report-liverpool-owner-and-fsg-chief-john-henrys-wealth-grows-by-nearly-600million-in-last-seven-months

He's rolling in it..

It' a fucking joke, and people are blind to it...
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Henrys motto is. "If I can't take my money with me when I die" I'm not going"
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

• Tried to raise ticket prices to £77
    • Tried to furlough staff during COVID
    • Tried to trademark “Liverpool”
    • Tried to join the ESL
    • Have let Klopp down in the transfer market multiple times

They’re here for profits only and we’ve outgrown them. Enough is enough.
    The thing is that if we had brought one robust midfielder in, had put better performances into 2 of our early matches and didn't have an injury crisis, most of our fans would still be "a bit disgruntled" about FSG rather than in the tearing-the-hair-out phase that many are in now. Perhaps some folks thought a squad that challenged for a Quad didn't need immediate open Heart surgery.

I'd like signings too mate. FSG laid out their strategy very early on and were quite open with how they'd run things. It may not be to everyone's liking and that's fine - I just don't see the benefit in fans expressing the same critiques in multiple threads every day unless they think action will be taken.

If folks want new owners that badly then by all means organise peaceful protests.

As to your list there - nobody would deny that FSG have made some sizable errors along the way. The good thing is though that they have reversed their thinking under fan pressure - there are plenty of owners out there who simply say "sod what the customer thinks, this is happening and that's that" - we thankfully don't have to deal with that, by-and-large.

As to my own personal criticisms, I'd say we have had a couple of windows where I have felt "we're one short here" and I would like to see the occasional loan or stop-gap to solve these issues rather than the calculated gamble of doing nothing while we stick to the wait-for-the-right-player approach.

My overall backing of FSG does not mean I support everything they do. On a general point I'd say we as a society are very inclined to lump everyone into boxes at the moment - "you're a remainer, you're a Brexiteer, you're pro-gun, you're a loyalist, you're a feminist" etc and it's often more nuanced than that - and I'm sure plenty of us on the forum are guilty of internally labelling each other "pro-FSG" and "anti-FSG" when it's likely more nuanced than that for a lot of folks.

Good post Sid

this isn't aimed at you, But I think this is when people are "blind" to it, because of the recent sucess we've had and how we've done I think we're seeing it with Utd fans but the other way round they spend spend spend, but have been terrible (Much rather be us)!

How much is that down to Klopp and the transfer team? luckily we've got it mostly right because due to the lack of spending, we have this midfield situation because of the likes of Keita, and Ox i'd say have not been "right signings" and the fact we lost wij on a free didn't help, saying that maybe he went at the right time before the "decline" like we're seeing with other midfielders in the squad.

On the flip side, you have to wonder how we'd do with a bit more money, perhaps how much everton or west ham or maybe teams that have spent just a bit more than us.. how we'd do then, considering the team we've built the manager we've got, it could be so much more ( I'm not saying "it could HAVE been so much more" yet but we're getting there with players aging, that's the most frustrating thing... I don't understand how they work... a bit of money to stay on top, give us a very very good chance of winning things = more "brand" value and more income... but it looks like we're going backwards which I feared a while ago under these owners.

it's clear as day when we have some squad players.. that aren't simply good enough at this level, and a few that start.. or be forced to start (Milner) which just isn't good enough for the very top level, simple as firmino shouldn't be here he'd be the first out the door if I was in charge well maybe not first, but a replacement once again.. if we had some money.. could help a lot, I already feel like we're going to be reliant on Nunez being very good and staying fit, otherwise we're not great, maybe Jota will get his form back.

I'm not asking them to match utd or city.... but I am asking them to get 1 or 2 players out of there own pocket when needed, without making it up with sales, or having to wait to sell.. to buy. we're meant to be one of the biggest teams in the world, this should not be happening .

Fact is other clubs are making moves too, and getting stronger, I do think if utd get a few signings over the line, they'll do very well and start picking up.

Me thinks FSG will need there own topic soon!

Over the last 5 years according to google we've spent on average £18.5 M a season, which is below most teams in the EPL, it's not good enough.

Also I get the wages arguement but they're silly for every club now i'm afraid, we have one of the biggest incomes from revenue in the world...this isn't good enough, we are Liverpool football club, Not fucking watford.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 26th August 2022 at 06:49 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Everton have completed the signing of striker Neal Maupay from Premier League rivals Brighton for an undisclosed fee.

The French player has joined the Toffees on a three-year deal, keeping him at the club until 2025.

Maupay has scored 26 goals in 102 appearances for Brighton, having signed for the Seagulls for £16m from Brentford in 2019.

"Everton is a great club with unbelievable fans and I am so, so happy to be here," the 26-year-old said.

"It feels amazing. It was an easy choice for me when I started to talk with the club. I knew straight away I wanted to play for Everton and help the club to succeed.

"I'm excited and it's a new challenge for me."

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The thing is that if we had brought one robust midfielder in, had put better performances into 2 of our early matches and didn't have an injury crisis, most of our fans would still be "a bit disgruntled" about FSG rather than in the tearing-the-hair-out phase that many are in now. Perhaps some folks thought a squad that challenged for a Quad didn't need immediate open Heart surgery.

I'd like signings too mate. FSG laid out their strategy very early on and were quite open with how they'd run things. It may not be to everyone's liking and that's fine - I just don't see the benefit in fans expressing the same critiques in multiple threads every day unless they think action will be taken.

If folks want new owners that badly then by all means organise peaceful protests.

As to your list there - nobody would deny that FSG have made some sizable errors along the way. The good thing is though that they have reversed their thinking under fan pressure - there are plenty of owners out there who simply say "sod what the customer thinks, this is happening and that's that" - we thankfully don't have to deal with that, by-and-large.

As to my own personal criticisms, I'd say we have had a couple of windows where I have felt "we're one short here" and I would like to see the occasional loan or stop-gap to solve these issues rather than the calculated gamble of doing nothing while we stick to the wait-for-the-right-player approach.

My overall backing of FSG does not mean I support everything they do. On a general point I'd say we as a society are very inclined to lump everyone into boxes at the moment - "you're a remainer, you're a Brexiteer, you're pro-gun, you're a loyalist, you're a feminist" etc and it's often more nuanced than that - and I'm sure plenty of us on the forum are guilty of internally labelling each other "pro-FSG" and "anti-FSG" when it's likely more nuanced than that for a lot of folks.

Great , considered post. If a Klopp is “ content “ with what he has and is calling the shots on transfer targets then I’m happy with that . If however he has identified targets and the hierarchy are saying no …..that’s not acceptable.
    Last edited by huyrob; 26th August 2022 at 08:24 PM.

• Tried to raise ticket prices to £77
    • Tried to furlough staff during COVID
    • Tried to trademark “Liverpool”
    • Tried to join the ESL
    • Have let Klopp down in the transfer market multiple times

They’re here for profits only and we’ve outgrown them. Enough is enough.

£535 million FSG last year by selling 10% to Redbird. And what benefit has Liverpool seen, zero. Liverpool is a cash cow for these greedy Americans.

People are starting to get pissed off

meanwhile utd talk of protests etc, while spending 100m's constantly big star player like ronaldo and his wages etc.....

Support us and then you have osmit to moan about..
    Makes you wonder. It's obviously just a hunch or opinion but imagine when Klopp goes. We'll drop like a fucking stone under these constrictions.

Ajax have rejected an improved bid of £76.3m from Manchester Utd for Brazilian forward Antony.

Chelsea close to agreeing a deal with Leicester City for defender Wesley Fofana, said to be in the region of £70m