Page 7 of 149 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757107 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

"Sadio Mané was asking for close to £400,000 a week for a four-year deal to stay with Liverpool. That would work out at a total, including bonuses, of around £83m over the deal." - David Maddock

Mane is apparently on the verge of agreeing a 3-year deal at approximately £360,000 per week with Bayern Munich.

As good as he is, or has been, there is no way he’s worth that. If he could go elsewhere and get £360,000 per week, good luck to the lad.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Tell Bournemouth to bugger of and find 15-20m to buy Nat Phillips, they're taking the piss in my view, trying to get our player on loan for another season when he already helped them get promoted to try and strengthen another area with a transfer fee
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    "Sadio Mané was asking for close to £400,000 a week for a four-year deal to stay with Liverpool. That would work out at a total, including bonuses, of around £83m over the deal." - David Maddock

Mane is apparently on the verge of agreeing a 3-year deal at approximately £360,000 per week with Bayern Munich.
    They're willing to pay him 4 million more over 3 years than we would over 4 years. Assuming we offered 250 kpw.

Guessing Mane is close to moving.

Tbf, Jürgen works all our players very hard. Sadio probably looking forward to having a rest for a few seasons.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Tell Bournemouth to bugger of and find 15-20m to buy Nat Phillips, they're taking the piss in my view, trying to get our player on loan for another season when he already helped them get promoted to try and strengthen another area with a transfer fee
    They are.

That said, it may still work out alright for us.

Let's say (for talk's sake) his value is £15m.

If we charged a loan fee of, say, £1.5m for them getting him and he plays well in the Premier League for them (where he will further prove his worth to Bournemouth if they stay up and/or his worth to other potential buying clubs) I can still see us getting the £13.5m (or more?) to eventually get the £15m we want.

Naturally I'd rather have the money right now, but I could understand Bournemouth saying "Phillips isn't worth 33% of £45m and you want about that for Mane" - which is a position I could understand.

Hopefully we get what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Tbf, Jürgen works all our players very hard. Sadio probably looking forward to having a rest for a few seasons.
    In the prem, Mane at his very best, physically where he needed to be, he lost his ability at LFWD post covid, it was only a little amount, a little bit of speed and power, but it took away his ability to just burst past defenders with the ball from a standing start and with his runs in behind, I have no idea why the clickbait sites keep linking us to Pulisic, we already signed Mane's replacement for LFWD with DIaz, he just needs to start putting the ball in the net like he did for Porto now

I think in another league Mane can probably play all front 3 positions too, a lot of the CBs and FBs in the prem are very physically strong and quick, moreso than in other leagues from what I've seen in Champions League and Europa League games

I'll miss Mane, he's been an absolutely brilliant player for us, I think he just fancies a bumper pay day and finishing his playing career in an easier league playing for the team that usually wins the title, rather than being in the best team and getting robbed of the title by officials in 2 of the last 4 seasons

Naturally I'd rather have the money right now, but I could understand Bournemouth saying "Phillips isn't worth 33% of £45m and you want about that for Mane" - which is a position I could understand.
    I don't accept that rationale at all, what Mane might go for has nothing to do with any of our other players, is Phillips worth 15m to several Premier League clubs, yes, that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don't accept that rationale at all, what Mane might go for has nothing to do with any of our other players, is Phillips worth 15m to several Premier League clubs, yes, that's it
    You don't have to - it's just an alternate outlook.

In the same way that, as much as I like/rate Phillips, I can see that someone at a club might raise an eyebrow at buying a centre-back who has played just 17 times in the Premier League at the age of 25 - excellent as he was in that season.

Bissouma to spurs for 25 to 30million is rumoured.

Seems a low fee for him? A lot on here were mentioning him as a potential signing for us.