Page 9 of 149 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959109 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

There is a pic of Nunez taking a selfie at Kirkby.

Last edited by Steveo; 14th June 2022 at 06:13 PM.

I don't really understand why Man City seem to be seriously and strongly linked with Calvin Philips. He is just not at that level. Are they hoping to train him up to be a master of the dark arts of midfield thuggery now that Fernandinho has gone?
    I hope they do sign him, because i think he will make their team weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I don't really understand why Man City seem to be seriously and strongly linked with Calvin Philips. He is just not at that level. Are they hoping to train him up to be a master of the dark arts of midfield thuggery now that Fernandinho has gone?
    I hope they do sign him, because i think he will make their team weaker.
    I think his stock was much higher a few years back. I think maybe we were linked with him then. Seems to have gone downhill but he could be rejuvenated at the right club.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I think his stock was much higher a few years back. I think maybe we were linked with him then. Seems to have gone downhill but he could be rejuvenated at the right club.
    He's no better a CM than Fabian Delph was, not will he ever be, City will sign him as another homegrown option to give minimal playing time he'll hope to pick up medals for
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's no better a CM than Fabian Delph was, not will he ever be, City will sign him as another homegrown option to give minimal playing time he'll hope to pick up medals for
    Perhaps a journeyman midfielder. Can do a good job on occasions. Not unlike our Millie. Still relatively young and could yet develop given the right club.

Oh my days if true, how cool would this be if it happened next summer..

After missing out on main target Kylian Mbappe, Real Madrid are already planning on triggering the reported 150m euro (£128m) release clause in the contract of Manchester City's newly acquired Norway attacker Erling Haaland in 2024 (AS)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Oh my days if true, how cool would this be if it happened next summer..
    Getting Haaland out of the League would be great in the short-term, for sure.

Long-term I don't like the idea of Real Madrid reaching 15/16/17 European Cups but can't have everything. Also don't like the idea of Man City making a massive sale so they can (surface level) try to make-believe to the World that they are "going legitimate" when it comes to net spend/how they earn their money - but they're not going to get handcuffed for previous activities anyway, so probably little point in me giving it a second's thought.

Arsenal are closing in on the signing of Brazil forward Raphinha from Leeds United, with Barcelona's interest in the 25-year-old having cooled. (Goal - in Spanish)

Chelsea have joined Tottenham in wanting to sign Brazil forward Richarlison from Everton, who want more than £50m for the 25-year-old. (Mail)

Manchester United's new manager Erik ten Hag has told the club he wants them to sign both Eriksen and Barcelona's Dutch midfielder Frenkie de Jong, 25. (Goal)