Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Southgate's at the wheel - How long has he got - WC stick or twist

Southgate's at the wheel - How long has he got - WC stick or twist

A third absolutely abject display in a row from England, outclassed by Hungary, Germany and now Italy

Playing Sam Allardyce route one football, having the players dive around embarrassingly trying to win free kicks and opportunities to score from set pieces

Persists with his woeful 4231 system with his best 11 in his mind containing Rice and Phillips who are both a very long way from being top class midfielders, neither have even featured in a single Champions League campaign testing themselves against the world's finest midfielders regularly

Given the wealth and quality of forward options and the ability of Mount, Foden and Grealish to all operate as the third more attacking midfielder of the 3 in a 433 playing a pressing game all our very best and most experienced players are so very well used to playing, his use of this incredibly talented squad of players is quite frankly abysmal

STILL he persists with Maguire at CB despite having numerous players who are far better than him and in far better form than him AND who have more Champions League experience and of winning things than him

Southgate is a very poor manager, he is completely wasting this group of England players, his tactics and philosophy of playing belong in the 1990's, the emergence of the 433 and pressing game haven't happened in his mind, despite havind a group of players ideally suited to play that system who regularly play it to the latter stages of the Champions League while challenging for all other trophies

The World Cup is looming fast, we have wasted 2 absolutely glorious opportunities to win major international tournaments having this clown as our manager, who continues to oversee an incredible misuse of the players at his disposal, stick or twist time for me, we need a forward thinking manager whose mind set is in the modern era, who knows how to play and will play the 433 pressing and counter pressing game England's very best players are so accustomed to, entertain the crowd and win the major tournaments they should be doing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Klopp???

Solskjaer available?

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    Klopp???
    NEVER! ! !

I expect when he's sgined a couple more extensions with us, he might manage Germany one day when he's in his 70's
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Keep. We all deserve a good laugh at the little Englanders in the run up to Christmas. What would make it even better is us top of the league with Mo, Virgil and Luis ( and maybe even Trent ) having a winter break.
    The meltdown will be joyous.

19x for England!!

One thing is for sure Henderson will play then (make him retire will you?) from international ofc

And trent!
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

England will never get a better chance of winning something in my lifetime and he blew it. He is a very average manager who plays overly cautious boring football, stifling the talent at his disposal.
    I have no interest in England under Southgate whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    England will never get a better chance of winning something in my lifetime and he blew it. He is a very average manager who plays overly cautious boring football, stifling the talent at his disposal.
    I have no interest in England under Southgate whatsoever.
    Yep it's going to waste under southgate

Under rodgers this england side could be very exciting, and I'm not even his biggest fan- just a example.

Heck even eddie howe
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    19x for England!!

One thing is for sure Henderson will play then (make him retire will you?) from international ofc

And trent!
    Our very own Mike Bassett.

I'm not a fan of Southgate but a World Cup semi and Euro final says he's the 'best' manager since sir Alf! And he's done it with a set players that wouldn't have got anywhere near any of the teams of the last 20 years.