Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Southgate's at the wheel - How long has he got - WC stick or twist

This England should never be losing at home let alone 0-4 let alone to lowly Hungary.
    But England never looked to be in with a shout.
    Well played Hungary
    31% possession, 6 shots, 5 on target and 4 goals. (We would love a conversion rate like that)
    The goals were well taken too. I particularly liked the shot for the second goal - that looked quite improvised and unexpected use of right foot. I think he may have done something similar in the last international tournament.

Laughable he's still there the shit tw@t, and yesterday's game at the Emirates highlighted the limitations and shithousery of his tactics, Saka and a fair few other Arsenal lads diving around all over the place looking for penalty's and to try and get set pieces

Lots of noise about the Lionesses winning the women's tournament, lots of diving and shithousery from them too that I have an intense loathing of and find completely embarrassing that so called football fans support

The diving aside, the difference between how the Lionesses did and how the England men's team do is the Lionesses went out and got a top manager in the female game who had won major trophies in women's international football, who was still current, not at the stage of the game she was living on past glories like the so called big names the idiots at the FA appointed to manage the men's side, Crapello, Erikson etc etc etc

She was single minded in what she wanted to do, with her selections and tactics, and although the woke crowd have been trying to ram women's football, which I genuinely can't stand because it's the most overhyped thing ever for the level it is genuinely at down our throats, it isn't at a stage where the media think they know the best team, write loads of shite about who should play that the same wankers, including the manager, who've been voting us all poorer for the last 40 years read and believe
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You aren’t wrong. It started with him using the Spurs Olympic aquatic team and has progressed across North London.

The irony being that so many English fans used to call the foreigners ‘diving cheats’, and there is now the best part of an entire international side built to do just that. They have 3 Lions on their shirt, and have mastered the art. They have clearly looked at the weakness in the rules and they are exploiting it with ruthless efficiency.

It’s not just the players doing it on instinct. It’a part of the setup now. But we’re English, so nobody will say anything in the media.

yes none of our lads go to ground easy or try and win free kicks/ pennos

all english!
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

seems he was right about Trent though....... I think Klopp needs to push him forward and build the team around him

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    yes none of our lads go to ground easy or try and win free kicks/ pennos

all english!
    Oh yes - it true all players do it, BUT they usually get labelled for it. The Engerland team does it on mass, and whenever the slightest mention of it occurs, the pundits clam up in unison.

That is probably part of WHY it has become modus operandi for Gareth. Got an easy draw in Russia, I mean HOW do you get to a WC semi Finals with this

Tunisia
    Panama
    Columbia
    Sweden

SEMI FINAL

We lost to Belgium in the group and then lost to Croatia in the semi.

Played nobody on 4 occasions and are in a semi - losing the only 2 games against anyone of any quality. This is with the diving MO.

Then the Euros.... All the tough games at Wemberly except the weakest Germany side in living memory (beaten AT HOME by North Macedonia prior to the tournament). Scotland arguably the better side at Wemberly with twice the shots on goal (2). We reach the final - again at Wemberly and the only way to stay in the game is to target Italy's main man Chiesa, who was running the game. Typical that the officials CHOSEN did nothing about it - BUT - it's at Wemberly way'.

On paper nobody can argue with Gareth's record, but the kind draws and tactics have been obvious.

IF in doubt...Run and DIVE boys...run and DIVE..

outside of these Islands we are known for it and the hypocrisy with it.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/england-told-stop-lecturing-diving-after-cheap-penalty-2021-07-08/

LONDON, July 8 (Reuters) - While England exulted at reaching a first major final since 1966, there was increasing outcry abroad over the penalty awarded for a foul on Raheem Sterling in extra time to give them a 2-1 win over Denmark in their Euro 2020 semi-final.

An array of media and football figures joined Danish fans in condemning the penalty as too cheap for such a big game, some saying England's haughty views on diving looked hypocritical in view of Sterling's tumble at the lightest of touches.
    Last edited by Steveo; 10th October 2022 at 09:48 AM.