Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Totally the opposite to Bobby’s contribution these days unfortunately
    If it's to be Bobby's last season with us, I do hope he can find form and contribute with some memorable goals and assists.

We've Gordon and Musialowski to come through, we have Carvalho and we have the option of the transfer market as well.

He could yet get a contract extension to ease some of the transition and be a good influence to fellow Portuguese speakers - apparently he shows incredible effort in training. His days as first pick are numbered mind - but for injury you'd think Jota is ahead in the pecking order.

Should have moved Bobby on as there was interest and made Mane stay and leave on a free next summer instead

Nunez needs to put a lot of hard work into his finishing in his own time

We need to realise what we have and use it better, keep sticking him right up top making runs off the back of the defender and lumping crosses towards him, REALLY? We saw how Nunez played against us and bought him to employ him like that?

Nunez can drop off and receive the ball and play people in

He can play right across the line, keep onside and make runs across the line and in behind the full back either side when Diaz or MO come short

There's so much more to work on and use this lad for than we've tried so far, I've been as appalled by our desperately limited thinking on how to use him best and employment of his abilities to date as I have with our throwing of the baby out with the bath water in all over aspects of our game in the last 2 seasons
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

he's played 1 league game for us ffs
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

There's was a few glimpses of his quality today but need needs a midfielder who he can link up with ala Gerrard and Torres. Very unlikely with his shot that was tipped onto the crossbar.

Yep - score that and he is on cloud 9. Would’ve worked wonders for him.

That Prickford was a swine today. Alisson was good but he really did save the BS a good few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - score that and he is on cloud 9. Would’ve worked wonders for him.

That Prickford was a swine today. Alisson was good but he really did save the BS a good few times.
    I honestly can't stand Pickford, but he was brilliant today ( and I'll say that through gritted teeth )

Gomez played a good ball over the top for that chance of Nunezs

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    There's was a few glimpses of his quality today but need needs a midfielder who he can link up with ala Gerrard and Torres. Very unlikely with his shot that was tipped onto the crossbar.
    6 put of 10. Think with time he will come along.it is hard to judge with the team so disjointed. But he had both good and bad moments. That showed was beauty very unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'm not convinced with him yet. Might end up being good but I'm just getting a feeling of a player that's not going to catch fire. We dont have the right stuff to get the best out of him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm not convinced with him yet. Might end up being good but I'm just getting a feeling of a player that's not going to catch fire. We dont have the right stuff to get the best out of him right now.
    I seen enough of him against us last season in the champions league. Give him the service and he'll fill his boots, who knows maybe this Arthur fella is the one. Sometimes things just fall into place, here's hoping.