Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 6569699100101102103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1092

Thread: Darwin Nunez

The muscle memory type finish comes through your team playing a set system with clear defined passages of play & movement in which they’re regularly released in the same or very similar positions in every game.

And we haven’t done that this season, I think we’ve fallen short because we’re lacking structure like we used to have

I think Nunez is better at LFWD or RFWD & playing there in our system when we had a clear working one would have seen him develop that muscle memory trademark finish coming in from the left on his right foot

I really don’t think he’s been managed/coached at all well in complete honesty, to the extent he makes me think of the Collymore quote “I don’t know of any other business where they’d pay 8.5m for something without any idea how they were going to use it”

He's just shit, end of.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Hopefully he starts at LFW v West Ham & bags himself a couple of goals & an assist

I’m actually interested to see how

Díaz Gakpo Nunez

Will work, he linked up really well with Mo from there last season, and part of our issue at time for me if when Nunez plays 9 & Diaz is left or right of him, they seem to get in each others way quite a lot, maybe being on opposite flanks will help them

Just seen an interesting stat. After two seasons Nunez is on 33 goals and Mane was also on 33 goals after the his first two.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Just seen an interesting stat. After two seasons Nunez is on 33 goals and Mane was also on 33 goals after the his first two.
    That is sometimes the problem with stats doesn't paint the entire picture. Sadio Mane quality wise already in his first 5 games we knew he was the absolute real deal. That first game against Arsenal his performance and his goal he was class and was class since. Nunez has been potential for 2 seasons and has missed big chances. As a 9 and the money spent he has actually failed to deliver the title. Had he scored more and scored in crucial moments it would be different story perhaps.

But let us analyze the stat

Nunez 33 goals in 92 games averaging almost a goal every 3 games. Almost all of his games have been as a number 9.

Sadio Mane 33 goals in 73 games. So he scored the same amount of goals in 20 less games as a wide forward.

So the stat is misleading. A number 9 at Liverpool should score 1 in every 2 games. Nunez as acceptable should be on 45-55 goals. Watkins, Solanke are outscoring him in teams that created much less.

Darwin Ninez is not going to work out. He is not good enough to play for Liverpool. He is not the worst striker we have had in recent years but as pure number 9 he is extremely underwhelming.

Correct… Stats when they are as raw/basic as that tell you something but not close to everything.

2016/17 his first season Mané was starting on the right & crucially in a Liverpool side before the fab 4 was incarnated. Far less of an attacking monster than we have seen since. Coutinho finished as top scorer with 14 all comps - just - from Sadio with 13 ….Bobby just behind him on 12.

This was a side being built and extremely vulnerable to attack no bombing on FB’s.. Mané was absolutely superb too - far more than just goals. All round play was top top class and he made life so much easier for everyone else in the side. Destroyed teams almost single handed at times.

Then - when Salah comes in he is switched to the left - Huge hit to the ego….

Still scores 10 in the Prem and is integral to a front 3 that scores 57 league goals - 91 in all comps….between them. Salah with 44 - Bobby with 27 - Mané with 20.

I have become a believer in Darwin’s ability to cause havoc. He was integral for us during a period where we kept going behind and needed a catalyst. But he isn’t close to Mané’s class as a forward. Certainly not yet.

Yeah I'm by no means trying to suggest he's as good as Sadio but maybe Slot and his team could work with him. Different players are obviously respond better to different methods at times.
    I used Watkins as an example yesterday,not sure if he's been doing anything differently under Emery but theres been a marked improvement in his finishing. I personally don't think he's an overall better player than Nunez but his finishing has improved massively on last year.

Can quote me on this, if he starts in the starting 11 next year we're winning fuck all and fight for 4th
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeah I'm by no means trying to suggest he's as good as Sadio but maybe Slot and his team could work with him. Different players are obviously respond better to different methods at times.
    I used Watkins as an example yesterday,not sure if he's been doing anything differently under Emery but theres been a marked improvement in his finishing. I personally don't think he's an overall better player than Nunez but his finishing has improved massively on last year.
    Tees brother. Sorry if it looked like I was shooting you down.

I was just trying to debunk the stat not you. I can see where you coming from and your thoughts on the player.

Ynwa

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Tees brother. Sorry if it looked like I was shooting you down.

I was just trying to debunk the stat not you. I can see where you coming from and your thoughts on the player.

Ynwa
    Nah mate I didn't think that. I took see how stats can paint an often skewed picture.