Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

10 years ago today a 21-year old Mario Balotelli put a brace past Neuer in the Euros.

Never fulfilled his potential.

Núñez on the other hand....feel he's going to go so, so far.

Lets hope so
    He looked a handful for our defence

Pacey, strong, athletic.
    I'd like to see Diaz and Darwin on the wings of the 433
    With Jota as the false 9

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Lets hope so
    He looked a handful for our defence

Pacey, strong, athletic.
    I'd like to see Diaz and Darwin on the wings of the 433
    With Jota as the false 9
    I believe Nunez could comfortably play in any four of the forward positions, LFWD, RFWD, False 9 or No9

Having him furthest forward at RFWD for counters the ball in behind and to get the ball down ahead of defenders in some games might be very advantageous, I never viewed him purely as a player to operate only at No9
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Incredibly weird that some of the Twitterati have concerns because he hasn't been tearing it up in pre-season.

The lad may need a bit of time to acclimatise as to which direction to make his runs as he adjusts to his team-mates and may miss the odd sitter due to the weight of a big price tag - so what? This societal demand for instant success in every endeavour is so turgid.

Modern football fans/media focus on the destination and don't enjoy the journey.

Ian Rush took a while to settle in as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Modern football fans/media focus on the destination and don't enjoy the journey.
    A travesty really - only leads to fans losing all sense of how far along a path a club has come.

May 24th of 2015 isn't all that long ago - just over 7 years - we were thumped 6-1 by Stoke. Just over 7 years before that - May 11th of 2008 - we beat Tottenham 2-0 at White Hart Lane on the last League game of the season, with the opening goal scored by Voronin.

Whether it's the thumpings, the players who flattered to deceive or whatever else, the journey is what keeps it captivating. The lows and the not-quites make the victories all the more satisfying.

It's definitely a factor as to why I so love where we are now - we've really had to work for it and now have a World Class manager with a squad full of depth consisting of experienced lads and those with huge potential.

The shoots of the next Liverpool are breaking through the soil and we get to watch it grow. If folks can only enjoy the flowers in full-bloom during Summer I feel sorry for them.

Spot on, I also wish Rhys Williams all the best in his loan spell. Lots on here strangely don’t appreciate what he and Nat did for the club when we were deep in the mire.
    Last edited by huyrob; 19th July 2022 at 11:33 PM.

Núñez getting 4 goals tonight doesn't mean anything in practical terms, just as us losing 4-0 to Man United doesn't mean anything either.

However.

An excellent boost of confidence for the lad. What would really top things off would be to get his first (real) Liverpool goal within his first couple of League games.

Such an exciting player.

Looks a real game changer, a real no 9 but can operate wide. Was impressed a couple of times when it was lumped up to him and he shielded it. Not our game at all , but I feel he has great talents. Seems a good lad also , otherwise he wouldn’t be here.