Page 12 of 107 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718192262 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Thought he was pretty awful tonight until the goal..... it was a bit like watching Andy and benteke back in the day.. soon as I said something though he scored..

Maybe I should do the same on Sunday.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Thought he was pretty awful tonight until the goal..... it was a bit like watching Andy and benteke back in the day.. soon as I said something though he scored..

Maybe I should do the same on Sunday.
    I actually thought big Andy was good for a long time. Just couldn’t stay off the pints which I can respect too.

In the absence of Diaz, I would not mind seeing Nunez employed at LFWD in a Kuyt type role in some games or for some part of games, I'd like to see it tried and tested, I think he can make the runs in behind, the Kuyt and even Mane element of it is long diagonals or crossfields to release him in behind or for him to get hold of and bring down ahead of their CB to be supported by Robbo or Tsimi and then bring Jota/Bobby and Mo into play/the equation
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Nunez aint got the technique to play on the left. dont chat nonsense
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Just stop that sentence at word 7.

I was thinking the other day Jota reminds me more of a Kuyt player. Just a spare player up the top.
    I never rated Kuyt personally. he worked hard and got a few goals. I rate Jota. But he seems to have lost something at the moment though. Hopefully it's just lack for form

With a player like Jota though, even when not playing well he’s still likely to score.

He’s always a threat. Direct, strong runner with the ball, creates opportunities for others to score by accident as much as by design.

Seems to be tailoring his game more towards linking up rather than just looking for the goal. Have seen this with Salah too.

Once we get back to 3 solid midfielders. teams will naturally sit back like they normally do in low block. Get the ball in the box to Nunez he will be a handful.
    Just right now we are having to make do with 2 centre midfielders and a pretend number 10 come midfielder.. In the past when we played with Firmino has the number 9 he played has a 10. so we were very compact in the middle.
    Again right now we are being over run due to only having 2 in there.Rangers first goal was an example. You're expecting Henderson and Fabinho to condense the space and they end up beyond the ball and having to run backwards.

Was watching Richard Dunne as pundit on Irish tv last night and I thought his analysis of Nunez was fair. He seemed to have watched him closely this season and thought his touch has been poor, his striking of the ball has not been clean and his control, holding the ball up has been lacking. He said the first Rangers game where Nunez looked alright was the exception rather than the rule. Hard to disagree.

For me Nunez hasn't shown the quality you would think of with a striker costing 85m to Liverpool despite an inflated market. When you think of strikers we've had over the recent past, he doesn't come close to most - Torres, Suarez, Salah, Mane, Firmino. Just doesn't seem to have it on the evidence so far. Hope to be proven wrong soon. If he scores somehow that will do for now and perhaps he offers a different problem for defenders which obviously we haven't had with the smaller attacking players we have had recently.

The first touch and holding the ball up would be the most worrying aspects as you'd expect that from a big guy. Uruguayans tend to be tenacious too (a certain large-toothed example) but he seems to be knocked off the ball easily.

I'm really hoping it's that he's trying too hard to impress....
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx