Page 13 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819202363 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Nunez aint got the technique to play on the left. dont chat nonsense
    I would like to see it tried, give him some good practice at being stronger against Premier League defenders trying to win it and a lot of situations we can look to win second balls from, you say he hasn't got the technique to play there, what technique do you need him to have? It's more about runs in behind, simply lay offs, winning headers, strength power and pace

If you look at the goals he scored and created for Benfica, quite a number were from the left or the right as he's a forward who makes runs right across the line and the movement of making the runs in behind, the strength to hold the defender off and the pace to go beyond on them, which for all his technique Diaz sadly lacks compared to Mane, Diaz isn't direct, powerful enough or strong enough to score the goals Mane used to, I think Nunez should be developed to be able to do a very good job in all 3 forward positions
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just following some of the comments on the match thread.
    I also was off the thinking he'll come good but why oh why did he not play Mo in on goal ? That was more worrying than anything.
    He did frighten the life out of their back 4 though which is something positive.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    why oh why did he not play Mo in on goal ? That was more worrying than anything.
    Any forward that has played with Mo Salah has pondered this question dozens of times.

Forwards love to score the goal that kills a game and Núñez will have seen his name in lights. Infuriating, but it happens.

So long as he gradually improves his decision-making in those situations I'm not bothered.

Mo should have squared one to Jota and didn't. Núñez could have had another crack but instead chooses to feed Trent and almost gets the assist.

It'll be fine.

Just following some of the comments on the match thread.
    I also was off the thinking he'll come good but why oh why did he not play Mo in on goal ? That was more worrying than anything.
    He did frighten the life out of their back 4 though which is something positive.
    Mo to Jota,
    Elliot to Mo,
    Nunez to Mo,
    3 easy options for a more likely goal.

It's good we're playing football again, can fine tune the team ethic and decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I would like to see it tried, give him some good practice at being stronger against Premier League defenders trying to win it and a lot of situations we can look to win second balls from, you say he hasn't got the technique to play there, what technique do you need him to have? It's more about runs in behind, simply lay offs, winning headers, strength power and pace

If you look at the goals he scored and created for Benfica, quite a number were from the left or the right as he's a forward who makes runs right across the line and the movement of making the runs in behind, the strength to hold the defender off and the pace to go beyond on them, which for all his technique Diaz sadly lacks compared to Mane, Diaz isn't direct, powerful enough or strong enough to score the goals Mane used to, I think Nunez should be developed to be able to do a very good job in all 3 forward positions
    Looked very good apart from the Haaland's playing and struggling and I have the chance to score the goal that seals victory when I should pass it moment(s) it happened twice, and then there was the fancy Dan moment when he should have just slotted it past Ederson, tried some thing to try and look clever

Another good way to help Nunez would be for the video analysis department to get footage of Robbie Keane, show Nunez footage of keane scoring bucket loads of goals for all his clubs, followed by showing him footage of him trying stupid unnecessary flicks and things instead of continuing doing what got him his move, after he got his move to Liverpool and thought he'd made it and being a huge flop

He needs told in no uncertain terms to cut out the school kid attempted fancy flicks and just concentrate on improving his technique in numerous types of finishing that consistently put the ball in the fucking net

Fucking kids do the shit he does, they see me doing 7's even in my 50's and always ask "Can you do the rainbow kick" and I always say "What would I want to practice pointless show pony tricks for? The best trick you can have on a football field, and there are many of these, is the any of the ones to get half a yard to get your pass to a team mate off or your shot off, don't waste your time with that other rubbish"

Nunez is a little immature, he does clearly think certain things make you a top player at a top club, things that kids rave about, when the grown ups just want a top players who constantly makes the right decisions, works really fucking hard and is skilled at putting the ball in the net in a variety of ways and doesn't ever fuck up an opportunity to by trying some fucking stupid 7 year olds trick
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 18th October 2022 at 12:50 AM.

Fucking kids do the shit he does, they see me doing 7's even in my 50's and always ask "Can you do the rainbow kick" and I always say "What would I want to practice pointless show pony tricks for? The best trick you can have on a football field, and there are many of these, is the any of the ones to get half a yard to get your pass to a team mate off or your shot off, don't waste your time with that other rubbish"
    What's 7's ? And we need video proof that you can indeed do this.
    Plus I like the sound of these kids , they're on the wind up with you !!

left foot, right foot, left knee, right knee, left shoulder, right shoulder, to head

left foot, right foot, left knee, right knee, left shoulder, right shoulder, to head
    TBF I've never seen Mo do this in a match. Maybe they think you're a ex pro.

TBF I've never seen Mo do this in a match. Maybe they think you're a ex pro.
    It's to lower your centre of gravity, improve your balance and control and ability to quickly adjust to be able to control the ball better more consistently, and improve you balance on either foot to be able to use both feet better not something to do in a game

Oh, Thank God....