Page 19 of 111 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819202122232425262969 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

19 the RCM issue began with Gini leaving and our captain fantastic fancying himself as a 10. Pushing up further on our right side over time, where Gini often did that on the left.

Elliot is just further proof of that dynamic changing in midfield/RCM.

Elliott is further proof of the weakness of our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    19 the RCM issue began with Gini leaving and our captain fantastic fancying himself as a 10. Pushing up further on our right side over time, where Gini often did that on the left.

Elliot is just further proof of that dynamic changing in midfield/RCM.
    No no no my friend your dislike of Henderson skews your vision of what actually happened

The RCM issue began when Fab started playing regularly at No6 - We suddenly began being easily countered down our right with any of our considered more attacking RCMs who it was clear and has long been clear was Jurgen's plan to play there

To be crystal clear, absolutely crystal clear as you seem incredibly confused on this issue, the attacking RCM midfield position in our midfield is not, never has been and never ever will be a No10, it is an attacking No8 role, not a free roaming No10 role as you insist on trying to suggest to attempt to make entirely unfounded and unrealistic comparisons between players genuinely operating in a free roaming No10 role and the more disciplined attacking RCM No8 role in our set up that still has a high level of defensive responsibility

Keita, Lallana and Oxlade were all players Jurgen used in our RCM attacking No8 role, all of them unsuccessful in the role alongside Fab at No6/DM, every single one of them, the role changed and required a player with much greater defensive abilities and responsibility because Fab isn't a true DM who plays right across the line capable of covering Trent, THAT is the absolute truth of the matter - Coincidentally, we never had the issue of our No6 failing to cover Trent's forays forward in Fab's absence.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Unplayable so often - loads of assists too.

Check the technique. Pure silk.

Always worth a watch
    oh my god.....i forgot

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Elliott is further proof of the weakness of our squad.
    Exactly this. He may turn out to be a great player but right now, having to ay him week in and week out (simar with milner) it's proof our squad is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Exactly this. He may turn out to be a great player but right now, having to ay him week in and week out (simar with milner) it's proof our squad is crap.
    What if Jones or Carvalho get that same amount of minutes? I actually feel Jones is ready but we won't know cause Klopp is not giving him sufficient minutes to grow and develop.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    What if Jones or Carvalho get that same amount of minutes? I actually feel Jones is ready but we won't know cause Klopp is not giving him sufficient minutes to grow and develop.
    Jones was injured though. He is only coming back so harsh to say klopp hasn't given him the minutes. Jones was also injured for a while last year.
    I don't think Jones will get to the level that we need for him to be a regularer. A squad player maybe. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Jones was injured though. He is only coming back so harsh to say klopp hasn't given him the minutes. Jones was also injured for a while last year.
    I don't think Jones will get to the level that we need for him to be a regularer. A squad player maybe. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't see it.
    Sure. My point is the way Klopp immediately trusted Elliot and Trent but hasn't done the same with Jones and now he is not with Carvalho either.

I am not saying I think Jones will make it or not. I want to see him play 6-10 games in a row even more get to learn the game get to show what he is. It is not always easy coming of the bench. Playing with the best 20 team mates at their freshest at the beginning of the game is best in my view. Yes there is benefit in coming on when OPPO is tired but professional footballers are so fit it is not like in the olden days.

Sure. My point is the way Klopp immediately trusted Elliot and Trent but hasn't done the same with Jones and now he is not with Carvalho either.

I am not saying I think Jones will make it or not. I want to see him play 6-10 games in a row even more get to learn the game get to show what he is. It is not always easy coming of the bench. Playing with the best 20 team mates at their freshest at the beginning of the game is best in my view. Yes there is benefit in coming on when OPPO is tired but professional footballers are so fit it is not like in the olden days.
    Well if Elliot is the long term plan at rcm then we are in serious trouble. He can’t run for a start. I know yesterday was particularly bad all round but we’ve been pretty shite in all bar 2 or 3 games in the league.

I think they are different situations, with trent anyway. We had Clyne as our right full and he was injured so he threw trent in as a replacement and trent proved his worth.

With the midfield, last season we didn't have as many injuries, but your right he put elliot in last year until he got injured. So maybe klopp fancies elliot more than Jones? But Jones had some injuries last year as well. His season was very stop start last year. In fairness when he has been available he has gotten minutes. Not to the same extent as elliot has had this year.

But for me neither should be starting for a team that has designs on winning the league. They should be fringe players aying the odd game and sub appearances.