Page 48 of 115 FirstFirst ... 384142434445464748495051525354555898 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

It was a shit pass.. it was soooooo bad it appeared to be perfectly timed it cut out 3 players and allowed Nunez to slot home the winner. Salah needs to do better.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    It was a shit pass.. it was soooooo bad it appeared to be perfectly timed it cut out 3 players and allowed Nunez to slot home the winner. Salah needs to do better.
    He's too use to watching world class henderson's creaitivty and passing.. salah who
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I wasn't talking about the fkn pass for those who have severe mental dericiency in reading and comprehension skills, i was talking exclusively about players put through too often fucking up the one touch out of feet to set the ball to strike it

Usual LFC thick bastard or drunks responses
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Hmmm you are replying about the pass and the bar was set "low" after teesred said it was outstanding
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I may be incorrect, but I think that's 17 goals in 45 appearances from our Uruguayan.

Luis Suarez also got 17 goals in his first 45 appearances for us.

Odd how statistical anomalies like that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Hmmm you are replying about the pass and the bar was set "low" after teesred said it was outstanding
    I actually think he is talking about the 2nd part of the post which said the way nunez set himself up was outstanding.

If you reread both posts I read it that 19x is actually talking about nunez shooting. Just for balance and fair play and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I may be incorrect, but I think that's 17 goals in 45 appearances from our Uruguayan.

Without wanting to piss on anyone's bonfire, he wont get anywhere near Suarez (I know that's not what you were saying Sid...).

He's going to be like big Emile Heskey, he'll have an amazing game or two and we'll all get excited about him, and he'll go on to have 6 or 7 brutal games on the bounce, until he has another great game, Rinse and repeat...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

I imagine the per 90 minutes stats would favor Darwin since Suarez was pretty much an automatics starter after his first couple of games.

People also forget how wasteful Suarez was at the beginning of his Liverpool career before he caught fire.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Without wanting to piss on anyone's bonfire, he wont get anywhere near Suarez (I know that's not what you were saying Sid...).

He's going to be like big Emile Heskey, he'll have an amazing game or two and we'll all get excited about him, and he'll go on to have 6 or 7 brutal games on the bounce, until he has another great game, Rinse and repeat...
    Cavani numbers would be a great target for him. Definitely think he is capable of a lot better than Healey, but expecting anyone to match Suarez's 13/14 level would be silly - he was insanely good - also just a totally different mould, stylistically closer (but not the same) to Torres.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

I agree to a point. I think he'll be better than Big E but the kind of chances he put away on Sunday are frequent for him, that kind of finishing should be second nature to him by now.
    We may be wrong with our scepticism but I don't suddenly think he's changing up too much. 15 league goals would be a good target. If he gets 20 then it'll be humble pie and custard for us.