Page 49 of 115 FirstFirst ... 394243444546474849505152535455565999 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

If Klopp has anyone even approaching Luis's level - we are winning plenty more

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Cavani numbers would be a great target for him. Definitely think he is capable of a lot better than Healey, but expecting anyone to match Suarez's 13/14 level would be silly - he was insanely good - also just a totally different mould, stylistically closer (but not the same) to Torres.
    Austin Healey?
    Flicking autocorrect!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Austin Healey?
    Flicking autocorrect!
    Autocorrect is awful and I wouldn't have noticed the error, so thank you - I meant Heskey - it was relevant to the post I quoted previously.

I stand by all i've written about how we tried to use him and the abysmal laack of coaching and not just in Nunez's case

It should be the source of incredible embarrassment that we owe the Newcastle win to Bielsa rather than our own coaching staff
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I actually think he is talking about the 2nd part of the post which said the way nunez set himself up was outstanding.

If you reread both posts I read it that 19x is actually talking about nunez shooting. Just for balance and fair play and all that.
    Correct, it's very clear that i was

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Without wanting to piss on anyone's bonfire, he wont get anywhere near Suarez (I know that's not what you were saying Sid...).

He's going to be like big Emile Heskey, he'll have an amazing game or two and we'll all get excited about him, and he'll go on to have 6 or 7 brutal games on the bounce, until he has another great game, Rinse and repeat...
    Suarez was one of the best forwards in the history of the game, he'll never be at that overall level, almost all other forwards won't either

Glad he started today - hope he continues to get game time as he could easily have scored again and as much as him failing to score may annoy some on occasion, getting into the positions to get the chances with such regularity is half the battle.

I liked his performance today, it looks like there's some actual coaching going on and we're belatedly trying to integrate him into the side as a few of us imagined we would when we bought him, rather than lumping endless crosses into the box for him to try and attack as we started last season

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Glad he started today - hope he continues to get game time as he could easily have scored again and as much as him failing to score may annoy some on occasion, getting into the positions to get the chances with such regularity is half the battle.
    He didn't score but i was happy with his performance and what he brings to the team. Villa were frightened, didn't know whether to press high or low block. Nunez will force teams into a low block or gaps between their midfield and centrebaxk because the center backs are going to break rank and go deeper because he is so quick

Excellent game, hit the post, hit the crossbar, 2 assists.

Only thing missing was a goal and they will come. Had a couple of great chances today and will be disappointed he didn’t put them away.