Page 64 of 115 FirstFirst ... 145457585960616263646566676869707174114 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Michael Owen said at half time how many times can you be "unlucky " by hitting the woodwork. Then goes on to ask , Is it unlucky or just poor finishing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'll have to rewatch the highlights I saw (I didn't see the full game, couldn't get a stream) a couple of times to double-check that I'm not making a mistake in saying the following, but if memory serves -

- I think it was Darwin who put the ball around the corner for Szoboszlai to win the free-kick for Trent's first goal.

- I think it was Darwin who won the header from the long ball directed towards Salah for the 3rd goal.

- I think it was Darwin who was the quickest to react when Gakpo has a shot and he ends up getting the ball back into he box for the 4th goal.

He facilitates a lot. Firmino famously did too but in a completely different way and further back Heskey often facilitated others around him getting goals. Darwin is getting goals and assists too this season and at a good rate in spells.
    I could never doubt his workrate, he'll run all day. But we need a number 9 to be clinical, We don't have Bobby and Sadio now so we're playing slightly different with a as what I call a proper number 9. I expect more goals from him , as I said earlier, I hope he proves me wrong but something tells me his missed chances might be the difference between us not winning the league.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Nunez does good things. But botches the easy things. Think he had a part in a goal at the end, knocked down to Salah who teed up Endo. Also Trents goal he keeps it alive and floats a hanging ball into the box.

My verdict of him, he is not shite but he akdo not elite. He is goodish. Live his workrate though.
    Fair enough assessment that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    There’s that famous sense of humour again..
    Aye, aye, kipper

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Michael Owen said at half time how many times can you be "unlucky " by hitting the woodwork. Then goes on to ask , Is it unlucky or just poor finishing ?
    Hes a bleeding turncoat..anyway he wasnt the most natural of finishers. he had no left foot worthy of standing on.. Robbie was way more clinical then he was.. Saying that he did get his fair share of goals..
    Last edited by justme; 4th December 2023 at 07:21 PM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Just have to accept Nunez is not the most natural of finishers, but he offers some physical strength up against defenders. which we have lacked in the past. his team play is very good though..he and Salah have a decent understanding.. He will score goals and thats all that counts in the end.
    look at hojlund at Man-united no league goals at all and he cost 72 million..

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I agree with Owen on this , Henry shearer , Kane Owen himself were never unlucky because they used to finish everything , when Suarez went through on goal I always thought he would score the same as fowler and rush, I don’t think Darwin ever going to be a striker , I think he will be a forward that because of his attributes things just happen around him .

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Just have to accept Nunez is not the most natural of finishers, but he offers some physical strength up against defenders. which we have lacked in the past. his team play is very good though..he and Salah have a decent understanding.. He will score goals and thats all that counts in the end.
    Nunez haes some guid attributes. He lept lik' a gazelle fur th' nod back tae Salah sae ah kin see th' carrot at th' end o' th' tunnel fur him.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think Carra has got it spot on with Nunez….

Captain fucking Chaos….

He is and never will be another Firmino, whose touch and Footy IQ was second to no one… so now where there was absolute sublime movement and touch with Firmino, what we have now is heavy metal utter chaos with Nunez, which is certainly not pretty to watch and at times very frustrating, but they do say there are more than one way to **** a cat …

So on reflection if we were languishing in mid-table and struggling in Europe and in the domestic cups I might be more concerned, but given we are second in the table and fighting on all fronts…. nay dramas … all good.

Saying that Nunez does owe us a few goals, as it would be nice to watch a few games with far less less stress…

Lol … :-)

Is his middle name offside?