Page 65 of 98 FirstFirst ... 155558596061626364656667686970717275 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 975

Thread: Darwin Nunez

  1. #641
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    16,903
    Is he a impact sub at best ? So bloody frustrating to watch.

  2. #642
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muineachán
    Posts
    10,861
    There'll be no knife sharpening ceremonies in my house. I absolutely love the big crazy mofo... XxXX

  3. #643
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,032
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Is he a impact sub at best ? So bloody frustrating to watch.
    Darwin's at his best with space to run into and Palace denied us a lot of that today.

    To counter myself a bit (a fierce Núñez advocate) I will say that there is no excuse for being caught offside with such regularity when you are blessed with ridiculous pace - unlike a slower player he doesn't HAVE to go early.

    Needs a goal. Suspect he will score against Union or Man United and hopefully that will set him up for a "crunch" game like Arsenal where we really need him to score - the sort of match that Jota will score in despite doing little else for 80 minutes.

  4. #644
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,572
    Crazy to think there's obvious areas in the team that could be better, yet we're top.
    #FSGOUT

    we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

  5. #645
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Crazy to think there's obvious areas in the team that could be better, yet we're top.
    True.

    Joint-best for goals conceded mind - only 15 (same as Arsenal) and second only to Man City for goals scored.

    We're doing alright, it's mad given how the performances feel, but we obviously are doing enough in defence and attack to mask shortcomings for the moment.

    Pity about the refereeing in that Tottenham fixture, could still bite us.

  6. #646
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    26,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Crazy to think there's obvious areas in the team that could be better, yet we're top.
    If we think of Klopps 433, 6 & CB are the areas people are highlighting for January.

    In the last summer window I'd have a player like Pavard who moved to Inter from Bayern for €30 mill.

  7. #647
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    23,338
    Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    There'll be no knife sharpening ceremonies in my house. I absolutely love the big crazy mofo... XxXX
    Think this summarises how we all feel to a degree. He can be so effective, that direct nature to his game, that blistering pace… It’s just that when you see all the tools so well set up - your instinct is to expect more. We all expect more from him. That’s the point.

    This is the frustration. Darwin will always score amazing goals and do some amazing things, but he needs to start taking the bread and butter and do the basics better. Consistency is what’s required now. That’s expected from a player at that price.

  8. #648
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    15,067
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Is he a impact sub at best ? So bloody frustrating to watch.
    He's got better as a starter I think. Better than he was last season so any improvement is good but like you say he's frustrating. Luckily we've only really been bitten by this in the Luton game. We've managed to get away with it for now. He's gone a good few league games without a goal.
    The statement Fowler made will be brought up time and again. How long do you give him?
    If there's a point this season where his profligacy costs us say in a crucial league game or dare I say a final then there will be a decision at the end of the season I'd think.

  9. #649
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    True North
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Think this summarises how we all feel to a degree. He can be so effective, that direct nature to his game, that blistering pace… It’s just that when you see all the tools so well set up - your instinct is to expect more. We all expect more from him. That’s the point.

    This is the frustration. Darwin will always score amazing goals and do some amazing things, but he needs to start taking the bread and butter and do the basics better. Consistency is what’s required now. That’s expected from a player at that price.
    Ah blame F$G fur his finishing.

  10. #650
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    23,338
    I hear that his English is improving, albeit slowly. Still struggles with a few words. Still fixated with the muff… But baby steps and all that…

    😜

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •