Page 65 of 115 FirstFirst ... 155558596061626364656667686970717275 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Is he a impact sub at best ? So bloody frustrating to watch.

There'll be no knife sharpening ceremonies in my house. I absolutely love the big crazy mofo... XxXX

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Darwin's at his best with space to run into and Palace denied us a lot of that today.

To counter myself a bit (a fierce Núñez advocate) I will say that there is no excuse for being caught offside with such regularity when you are blessed with ridiculous pace - unlike a slower player he doesn't HAVE to go early.

Needs a goal. Suspect he will score against Union or Man United and hopefully that will set him up for a "crunch" game like Arsenal where we really need him to score - the sort of match that Jota will score in despite doing little else for 80 minutes.

Crazy to think there's obvious areas in the team that could be better, yet we're top.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Crazy to think there's obvious areas in the team that could be better, yet we're top.
    True.

Joint-best for goals conceded mind - only 15 (same as Arsenal) and second only to Man City for goals scored.

We're doing alright, it's mad given how the performances feel, but we obviously are doing enough in defence and attack to mask shortcomings for the moment.

Pity about the refereeing in that Tottenham fixture, could still bite us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    If we think of Klopps 433, 6 & CB are the areas people are highlighting for January.

In the last summer window I'd have a player like Pavard who moved to Inter from Bayern for €30 mill.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    There'll be no knife sharpening ceremonies in my house. I absolutely love the big crazy mofo... XxXX
    Think this summarises how we all feel to a degree. He can be so effective, that direct nature to his game, that blistering pace… It’s just that when you see all the tools so well set up - your instinct is to expect more. We all expect more from him. That’s the point.

This is the frustration. Darwin will always score amazing goals and do some amazing things, but he needs to start taking the bread and butter and do the basics better. Consistency is what’s required now. That’s expected from a player at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He's got better as a starter I think. Better than he was last season so any improvement is good but like you say he's frustrating. Luckily we've only really been bitten by this in the Luton game. We've managed to get away with it for now. He's gone a good few league games without a goal.
    The statement Fowler made will be brought up time and again. How long do you give him?
    If there's a point this season where his profligacy costs us say in a crucial league game or dare I say a final then there will be a decision at the end of the season I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Think this summarises how we all feel to a degree. He can be so effective, that direct nature to his game, that blistering pace… It’s just that when you see all the tools so well set up - your instinct is to expect more. We all expect more from him. That’s the point.

This is the frustration. Darwin will always score amazing goals and do some amazing things, but he needs to start taking the bread and butter and do the basics better. Consistency is what’s required now. That’s expected from a player at that price.
    Ah blame F$G fur his finishing.

I hear that his English is improving, albeit slowly. Still struggles with a few words. Still fixated with the muff… But baby steps and all that…

😜