Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    6 put of 10. Think with time he will come along.it is hard to judge with the team so disjointed. But he had both good and bad moments. That showed was beauty very unlucky.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I seen enough of him against us last season in the champions league. Give him the service and he'll fill his boots, who knows maybe this Arthur fella is the one. Sometimes things just fall into place, here's hoping.
    That's the key word - "service" - we have to remember that he will be getting less from our currently-disjointed midfield unit at a time when neither Trent nor Robertson are at the peak of their powers and Van Dijk has arguably been playing the long-ball to Salah once too often.

The question to ask ourselves is "would he be scoring if he was playing for Man City?" and I'd wager that he would. More will come as the team becomes more cohesive. Ideally if we can get some clean sheets going out forwards only need to get one for us to grind a win.

Trent and Robbo never put one ball into him if I remember today. Which in other seasons was unheard-of.
    Maybe that's why they were both hooked, which in other seasons was unheard-of!!

Trent and Robbo never put one ball into him if I remember today. Which in other seasons was unheard-of.
    Trent and Tsimikas started remember - then Milner came on for Trent and Robertson on for Tsimikas - but yes, he wasn't getting much.

What use is a bullet if nobody pulls the trigger on the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Trent and Tsimikas started remember - then Milner came on for Trent and Robertson on for Tsimikas - but yes, he wasn't getting much.

What use is a bullet if nobody pulls the trigger on the gun?
    Sorry, yes mate that's right. Getting both games this past week mixed up. Make that Trent, Robbo and Tsimikas never provided today !!
    As CCTV said on another thread only Gomez gave him something to get onto and only for a great save would've went in.

Sorry, yes mate that's right. Getting both games this past week mixed up. Make that Trent, Robbo and Tsimikas never provided today !!
    As CCTV said on another thread only Gomez gave him something to get onto and only for a great save would've went in.
    Yeah, little T-Rex arms actually had a decent performance to his credit, much as I hate to say it.

Fine margins. Núñez's hit or the Diaz one shortly after and we are delighted by gaining 2 points on Man City. Still. They failed to pull away. Small victories!

Indeed, Everton have had their Cup Final and haven't exactly climbed the table for their efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yeah, little T-Rex arms actually had a decent performance to his credit, much as I hate to say it.

Fine margins. Núñez's hit or the Diaz one shortly after and we are delighted by gaining 2 points on Man City. Still. They failed to pull away. Small victories!

Indeed, Everton have had their Cup Final and haven't exactly climbed the table for their efforts.
    As a great man once said " we go again"

Trent dug one cross onto his head in first half.

I was surprised he came off he was winning a few headers on corners etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Trent dug one cross onto his head in first half.

I was surprised he came off he was winning a few headers on corners etc.
    Yes, that's right. He'd no time to think about it ,just get it over and it was a very good cross.
    He just needs to get back too basics that's got him to were he is. Maybe he's over thinking things .

Yes, that's right. He'd no time to think about it ,just get it over and it was a very good cross.
    He just needs to get back too basics that's got him to were he is. Maybe he's over thinking things .
    I agree we seem to have one too many attacking same spot on the right.

If Trent loses the ball we are in trouble as nobody is covering RB....I dont blame Trent though as its clearly a tactic.