Page 86 of 111 FirstFirst ... 367679808182838485868788899091929396 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

His 31 appearances for us this season is more than any other player right now.....

So clearly the Boss thinks he has a role to play in this team.....

https://twitter.com/LewisBower2021/status/1695855580236181736

"While we’re on a feel good Darwin moment thought I’d share that I spoke to a family member of one of the academy players who went on tour and they told me that despite imperfect English Darwin Nuñez was one of the most encouraging of the younger academy players out of seniors"

You love to hear it. On that note, when celebrating he seems to always point to the person who assisted him and get lads involved - he is clearly loved in the dressing room.

Also funny that the agenda - or incompetence - or whatever you want to call it surrounding Núñez is still rampant. On Match of the Day last night Shay Given said that Darwin had a "strange game" because he had scored two goals but also "missed loads" - Darwin had 3 shots in the match, meaning he missed one.

At a stretch he is referring to the attempted volley out of the air where he doesn't connect and the attempted flick finish when a ball was put behind him when running at pace - but to say he "missed loads" yesterday is an absolute nonsense.

DarWIN Fúñez....

Loved the way DarWIN pushed Jones out of the way to rush over to the away end and celebrate with the LFC fans and the camera :celebrate:

Yes I noticed that lazy comment on Nunez “missing loads” he didn’t obviously but it’s “what you say” about him as a pundit.

Ridiculous

I was watching an interview with Simon Jordan and Graeme Souness on modern footballers. they were discussing footballers play acting and going over easy. Jordan has a lazy comment on Salah diving.. We've watched 100s of his games, cant really call him diving at all? thats a lazy comment and plain wrong
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

They hate anyone at the toooooop jealous.....

Don't hear anything about the lower clubs or digs really init
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    His 31 appearances for us this season is more than any other player right now.....

So clearly the Boss thinks he has a role to play in this team.....
    James Milner once played a whole season at left back but both Klopp and the fans knew he wasn't the long term solution. Klopp also has a track record of giving lots of game time to players who are not in his long term plans (Can, Wijnaldum). Truth is, no one really knows what Klopp thinks. He may have been expecting a more refined player to begin with or quicker progress from Nunez. He's the anti-mourinho when it comes to dealing with the press as far as player criticism and praise are concerned. So I wouldn't expect anything but encouragement publicly for Nunez.

I would love to see Nunez make the necessary improvements and find the consistency he has lacked. He is not there yet, despite his appearance stats this season.

He was always a doer upper Jurgen & Bielsa have been progressing him He’s out only forward we now have who is a persistent threat to the opposition & that creates time & space for others

He’s no Mane or Mo yet but he’s the closest thing we have to such a type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He was always a doer upper Jurgen & Bielsa have been progressing him He’s out only forward we now have who is a persistent threat to the opposition & that creates time & space for others

He’s no Mane or Mo yet but he’s the closest thing we have to such a type of player
    That's a fair and honest assessment 19, we've seen Jugen turn water into wine before and he is a Jurgen type of forward. Fulham next so lets hope he can maintain the level from his last game.