Page 90 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4080838485868788899091929394959697100 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Sick of it, single handley costing us the league, well Diaz and salah aren't helping but at least they've done "bits" at times, nunez had about 4 good games?

Change the attack up next season otherwise we're getitng nowhere
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

We need some of our big guns back Trent Ibra Allison Jota. Kelleher has been marvellous but we need experience in the run in

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Thought he was awful today. No goal threat from him at all this against a shite Utd defence.
    I want more than that especially in big games.
    I agree 100%. He was shite. With that out of the way I do feel we don't play to he or Gakpos strengths. Nunez looks like a player who would have benefited from a quick release visionary passser like Gerrard. We don't release spring him quick enough. Think the fact that he is not our main attacker or our possession based style. Just feel there aren't enough over the top. Or quick through the middle or passes into wide channels.

Then Gakpo I feel is either a link up type but also going to give tou headed goals we don't cross enough or when Robertson is there we don't beat the 1st man.

Not his best today, obviously.

However he does get the flick-on for Diaz and we really need our centre-backs and goalie to start picking up some of his runs where we can release the ball from deep over the opposition and beat a press to get a sight on goal.

Sides do it to us and we haven't been our best at it for a while and his pace is such a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Thought he was awful today. No goal threat from him at all this against a shite Utd defence.
    I want more than that especially in big games.
    He's been quiet a few weeks now. That miss is absolutely ridiculous. I like the lad a lot but that's never going to be eradicated from his game.
    Not hitting the target from just a few yards out is a regular thing for him.
    Said a few weeks back we need a more clinical forward/attacker next season and if he's the one who makes way then so be it.

He got the assist for our opener not his best game but not as bad as Mo, ignore the pen as Mac would have buried it anyway

It’s why I would have changed it up & put him at LFWD today with Diaz or Gakpo at False 9

13 goals and 18 assists this season.

Pub quiz points for those who can name the other players who have hit both marks in a single season in the Premier League era for us.

It's not a very long list.

Nunez didn’t make enough happen today, he needs to do more in the bigger games, pick it up right across the line attack either full backs either CB drop off pick it up and make the play, he’s stopped doing that as much, doing it is a good way he can improve his runs arriving in the box, spread play & quickly follow it up

I think he last did that well in the City game for a spell

He only had two presentable real chances which tells it’s own story & I thought his assist was great but there weren’t even any nearly assist moments after that,

On the one everyone was slating him for there’s a replay showing the keeper & defender effectively block the goal right as he’s pulling the trigger, don’t think he could have got it through

It was a comedy of errors compared to how we used to counter so clinically, bad pass by Szobo to Mo, he should play it first time to properly release Diaz, but takes a touch & releases him but not as he could have, he just has to pull the trigger, go high near post or low across the keeper with Nunez there to pounce in any party

We’ve let out standards at some things drop off considerably, our once best in the world counter attacks & direct ability have been on the wain since 21-22

That wis an Andy Carroll lik' performance against Utd. Embarrassing.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

I thought he would have settled by now and gained some sort of composure in front of goal, but he's actually getting worse. And his misses are costing us a league title. Some of them you'd laugh at if you saw them in a Sunday league game ffs. Wouldn't be surprised to see him moved on in the summer.