Page 92 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4282858687888990919293949596979899102 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1145

Thread: Darwin Nunez

  1. #911
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I do wonder if Amorim or whoever it is going to be might have playing a more polished brand of football. Something like you say that might be a bit more energy efficient.
    Fully agree with your last sentence too. Even if we had won yesterday I wouldn't be thinking much differently,we still have tough games to negotiate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Both he or Xabi would defo go for a different more technical and surgical approach. Jrgen is German dont forget. They engineer very well and the work ethic is exceptional - but the finest details are often over looked in place of power.

    I believe Klopp is the ONLY manager who is going to deliver the big titles playing this style - this brand of hugely taxing football. And ONLY him because ONLY he has that personality to get that amount from the player.
    Do you think we have the players to play a more technical game?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

  2. #912
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    17,077

  3. #913
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yawn with the amount of chances... should be scoring more we make a crazy amount......
    Nez is part of that to be fair. As frustrating as it is that he misses big chances, he is also creating many of them.

    We aren't producing loads of back-post tap-ins like a Man City through excellent horizontal, probing build-up play and thus individuals have a bit of a burden of chance creation at times and Nez definitely helps us open doors.

    He is young and in his time here has already got goals against Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Real Madrid.

    He'll never be a Haaland who is absolutely lethal every time he is in the box, but he can create a lot for us. I think of him as a Firmino type (not in mould or style) in that he will create a lot and score some - I'd be looking to get others who can finish in-and-around him rather than replacing him.

  4. #914
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It gets worse every time you see it.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

  5. #915
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    15,531
    Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Do you think we have the players to play a more technical game?
    In some positions yes but not all. Trent could defo play that way. The rest of the defence,Nacca and probably Szobo would be fine. Not sure about the others. I think we'd need to add a bit more in mid and attack.
    Do you?

  6. #916
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    In some positions yes but not all. Trent could defo play that way. The rest of the defence,Nacca and probably Szobo would be fine. Not sure about the others. I think we'd need to add a bit more in mid and attack.
    Do you?
    I do. That's not to say that an upgrade or two wouldn't be welcome.

    We've taken both Nunez and Diaz from Portuguese football so they've played in similar setups.

    Whether Amorim's (or Alonso's.. ) tactical set up translates to the Prem is a different story.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

  7. #917
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    24,479
    Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    We've had this discussion many times about the quality of our players. They're probably not as good as I think they are and probably not as poor as you think they are...

    But hard running will only get you so far if you dont have quality players. We're in our 4th title race in 6 years and on course for a fourth 90+ point finish. That's not normal, it's not doable without good players. That's not doable without winning big matches against big sides.

    What I do agree with is that it's wrecking our players. It makes the season harder because we are constantly losing players left, right and centre.

    And agreed on Klopp's greatest achievement.
    I have to say - you seem unable to avoid polarising this every single time.. Not sure if it's deliberate or just a limitation you have. Nowhere have I ever suggested any of our players are poor. Literally NOWHERE.

    With you it's - if poster a says that a player isn't technically at the very top end - then he is poor ? or rubbish? WTF??


    And for the record this is our 4th title race in 6 years and it is also our 3rd season in 6 with an injury crisis.

    At what point do you manage to connect these things together?

  8. #918
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    24,479
    Actually it's our 3rd season in 4 - with an injury crisis. What could it be?

    The only difference this time is that somehow we have managed to remain competitive! This despite also having made wholesale changes with an almost entirely new midfield.. I really don't know how we have done that - unless it is genuinely linked to Klopp's decision to depart early.
    Last edited by Steveo; 8th April 2024 at 03:50 PM.

  9. #919
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I have to say - you seem unable to avoid polarising this every single time.. Not sure if it's deliberate or just a limitation you have. Nowhere have I ever suggested any of our players are poor. Literally NOWHERE.

    With you it's - if poster a says that a player isn't technically at the very top end - then he is poor ? or rubbish? WTF??


    And for the record this is our 4th title race in 6 years and it is also our 3rd season in 6 with an injury crisis.

    At what point do you manage to connect these things together?
    It's the way you phrase it every time - the only reason we are as successful as we are is ENTIRELY down to Klopp getting the players to run hard.

    And i've already agreed with you regarding the injuries.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

  10. #920
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    24,479
    Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    It's the way you phrase it every time - the only reason we are as successful as we are is ENTIRELY down to Klopp getting the players to run hard.

    And i've already agreed with you regarding the injuries.
    It really isn't though is it mate. And once again - I have never said as bolded above..
    Perhaps that is what you are reading in your own head...? must be for a reason.. possibly one you alone will know.


    I could hazard a guess that it's down to an underlying paranoia - perhaps a sense that what you would accuse me of saying - without evidence - is in fact an underlying feeling that you harbour or at least a fear that others may feel this way. Either that or a wickedly over protective streak....nobody dare say anything about our players other than they are all the best in the world.

    2 things can be true at the same time?

    We can have a very good squad of players made up of a mixture - some of whom are not quite at the same level as their achievements suggest. Just as many sides have a stupendously wonderful individual cast and manage to win sweet fuck all. In the real world it isn't only the brilliant who succeed or the limited who fail.

    We all see things differently but I mean what I say and it is backed up by a wealth of neutrals most of whom believe Jurgen has massively outperformed at this club. Did we stumble upon another amazing crop of players this summer? Despite the fact we actually missed out on the targets we allegedly went for? OR is it something else? It's valid question

    Being touchy with the way things are phrased is easy - for instance with your take on the points deduction for Everton. What 'seems' to worry you most is a lack of understanding around the randomness of the punitive measure - rather than the bleedin obvious ridiculousness of the entire charade. Namely to pretend to the minions that the Premier league is in fact independent of any unnamed external factors.. Ahem

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •