Page 93 of 111 FirstFirst ... 43838687888990919293949596979899100103 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It really isn't though is it mate. And once again - I have never said as bolded above..
    Perhaps that is what you are reading in your own head...? must be for a reason.. possibly one you alone will know.

I could hazard a guess that it's down to an underlying paranoia - perhaps a sense that what you would accuse me of saying - without evidence - is in fact an underlying feeling that you harbour or at least a fear that others may feel this way. Either that or a wickedly over protective streak....nobody dare say anything about our players other than they are all the best in the world.

2 things can be true at the same time?

We can have a very good squad of players made up of a mixture - some of whom are not quite at the same level as their achievements suggest. Just as many sides have a stupendously wonderful individual cast and manage to win sweet fuck all. In the real world it isn't only the brilliant who succeed or the limited who fail.

We all see things differently but I mean what I say and it is backed up by a wealth of neutrals most of whom believe Jurgen has massively outperformed at this club. Did we stumble upon another amazing crop of players this summer? Despite the fact we actually missed out on the targets we allegedly went for? OR is it something else? It's valid question

Being touchy with the way things are phrased is easy - for instance with your take on the points deduction for Everton. What 'seems' to worry you most is a lack of understanding around the randomness of the punitive measure - rather than the bleedin obvious ridiculousness of the entire charade. Namely to pretend to the minions that the Premier league is in fact independent of any unnamed external factors.. Ahem
    We've recruited well, again.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    We've recruited well, again.
    Seems so - at the moment. I am sure had tent peg recruited Endo and Gravenberch - they would be sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Seems so - at the moment. I am sure had tent peg recruited Endo and Gravenberch - they would be sorted.
    Do you not think Endo would be an upgrade on Casimero? And if they had Mac and Szobo?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Do you not think Endo would be an upgrade on Casimero? And if they had Mac and Szobo?
    I don't know - Playing for United? for Ten Hag.. probably not - most likely he wouldn't get a game due to a lack of necessity. He has been very good for us in games. He was a handicap yesterday however - not his fault - just another player not fully fit.

I can ask questions too though..

Do you think that Endo would play for Real Madrid? Do you ask yourself why he never did? You keep asking questions - but it's the easiest thing in the world. Do you think we win number 6 and number 19 with Ten Hag instead of Jurgen? It's easy to do. It means nothing really.

What I am saying and have repeatedly said is that even at our best under Jurgen we were never the best side in Europe. These are words echoed by the big man himself. YOU don't have to have the best players to beat the best or to win the top prizes. It sure as shit helps but there are other ways to win besides a team of world class individuals. This is where management - the kind Jurgen brings from top of the club to bottom of the club matters.

No need to get offended by that - or assume I am saying all our players are shyte.

We've had this discussion many times about the quality of our players. They're probably not as good as I think they are and probably not as poor as you think they are...

But hard running will only get you so far if you dont have quality players. We're in our 4th title race in 6 years and on course for a fourth 90+ point finish. That's not normal, it's not doable without good players. That's not doable without winning big matches against big sides.

What I do agree with is that it's wrecking our players. It makes the season harder because we are constantly losing players left, right and centre.

And agreed on Klopp's greatest achievement.
    It's achievable but only IF you have a very deep squad. Such as jizzfest's.

All teams have injuries many more than us, ours increased after a change in our back room staff

I’ll never agree on the ‘hard running’ because I see most Prem teams doing that & doing a lot more of it than we do

We also play most of our games in one half of the pitch So not as much running or long sprints Quite a few of our injuries this season have been through a scandalous lack of protection for our players Jones Gravenberch Jota & Matip all got crocked through getting fouled by ppl who’d already made one bad one a usually mandatory yellow & the ref letting it go, often not even giving the free

He's back to being absolutely shite again.

That’s a generous assessment Ian, absolutely fuckin shite is probably nearer but then so has Salah to be fair

I maintain he needs to be used in all 3 forward positions all four if you include dropping off/deep to link & make play

When we still used our more direct play last season & he played at LFWD a few times I thought he was better than he has been this season & linked brilliantly with Mo quite frequently

He should be playing some games at LFWD RFWD No9 & false 9 or we should be asking him to move into that position for 10-15 minute spells of games

We should also have been revert g to our 433 with a false 9 & both LFWD & RFWD playing on the shoulder of their defenders making runs in behind supported by the full backs

Why the FUCK we bought mids like this who would add to & compliment how we already played with better balls to release our forwards & switches I have no idea, you’re supposed to ADD STRINGS TO YOUR BOW with such signings not cut several off too

We’ve continually completely dropped elements of our play that were still hugely successful to replace them with things that aren’t as consistently successful when we should have ensured we retained & further developed our existing abilities while also adding others

He has been absolutely shocking since the International break