Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lfc 22/23

Get yourself down to a local youth team and give your time offering your expertise and knowledge to the kids there. And stop wasting your time watching Premier league football it's not doing you any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I might not bother much - Not been liking our devolution since 20-21 being entirely honest - It's a tough watch rather than an enjoyable one too much of the time - It makes me laugh when CCTV prattles on about getting the most out of our squad, I find it a tough watch as we've not been making the best use of the players we have, in midfield in particular since when Fab came back in after the title was pretty much won in 19-20 and from then the supposed evolution and midfield ins and outs has been a disaster

Sorry but this idea of signing an injury prone, 30 year old, paupers Modric to try and be a designated playmaker and begin unravelling a lot of our greatest strengths in the process and lessen the contributions to making the play from different, less predictable areas of Virgil, Hendo and Trent in the process, lessen our once best in the world ability to be devastatingly direct and on the counter and trying to somehow build a new team around that, well, that's a fucking nonsense - P49 W33 D8 L8 Goals 2 Assists 4 Big chances created 6 makes for very poor reading -

Were he used differently, to look to create when the ball came to him naturally in how we played and in our patterns and other players contributing to making the play prior to his arrival and insistence on trying to dominate the ball, that might well be different and have been different, but as it is, he doesn't deliver what you'd be looking for from a player trying to operate as he tries to and won't and takes far too much of what our other players delivered consistently in 18-20 away from us as a team

We have yet to reach anywhere near the levels of 18-20 since after our defence of the title season was wrecked by injuries to our defence
    The man who is tired of watching LFC is tired life

We have been watching one of the most exciting teams on the planet, managed by a guy that gets things wrong rarely, or at least less than others.
    You need to get some fresh air or something.
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    The man who is tired of watching LFC is tired life
    we are great to watch, on a points per million £ spend (nett or not) prob the highest return around. But, and theres always a but, could 1 xtra proven option in midfield/up front have turned 1 of our draws into a win and us into champions?? we can certainly afford that xtra player, once the last (for now) ground improvement is paid for, then no reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Maybe If we'd stuck with Roy or the B-Rod we could've won things.
    Amazing to here any Liverpool supporters not happy with the club at the minute.
    Exactly mate.
    Fucks sake, give it 5 or 6 years and then see what there is to be crying about. Some fans are ungrateful, this an era we'll never experience again and some need to realise it. It hasn't yielded as much silverware as it should but we all know why.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It hasn't yielded as much silverware as it should but we all know why.
    Fabinho and Thiago? One a favourite, another Klopp drools over wonderful passes in isolation, that don't actually lead to anything and aren't as effective as Virgil's, Trent's or Hendo's in actual creating goalscoring opportunities or releasing a player to and are at the same time inhibiting and limiting their opportunities to do so, because Thiago's continually drop to get the ball short off Fab because Fab isn't good enough on the ball and never will be

I don't wonder Mane left, I wouldn't have stuck around to play second fiddle to old massive head and continually not get the service I enjoyed in 19/20 because the gaffer has a boner for Fab and Thiago
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fabinho and Thiago? One a favourite, another Klopp drools over wonderful passes in isolation, that don't actually lead to anything and aren't as effective as Virgil's, Trent's or Hendo's in actual creating goalscoring opportunities or releasing a player to and are at the same time inhibiting and limiting their opportunities to do so, because Thiago's continually drop to get the ball short off Fab because Fab isn't good enough on the ball and never will be

I don't wonder Mane left, I wouldn't have stuck around to play second fiddle to old massive head and continually not get the service I enjoyed in 19/20 because the gaffer has a boner for Fab and Thiago
    Yeah those two......FFS.

With Taki gone I think Elliot should be looking at getting a shot as Salahs understudy.

He's played most of his career at RWF and is left footed, yet people seem to think of him as a midfielder as he featured there last season.

Still think we should be signing a midfielder to conclude the summers dealings. Plenty of time left

Jota has got himself injured with Portugal.

Hamstring again

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/0...njury-setback/

Who ever plays need to produce end product. No good looking fantastic and doing sod all.. That goes for Elliot,Carvalho.. Diaz and so on..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century