Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fabio Carvalho

Fabio Carvalho

I didn't see a thread..
    Just watched a few clips from leipzig game..

Baby face Coutinho??? Any one???

I like the cut of his jib!

He looks so, so promising.

Really excited to see what he can bring.

The future's looking bright.

Much as I want to block that Monday night match from my mind, was good to see this young lad come on and make himself busy.

Old Trafford isn't an easy place for a young player and he didn't exactly disgrace himself.

I hope he gets a start soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Much as I want to block that Monday night match from my mind, was good to see this young lad come on and make himself busy.

Old Trafford isn't an easy place for a young player and he didn't exactly disgrace himself.

I hope he gets a start soon.
    With this whole midfield debate we need to remember Klopp believes in coaching... Maybe he's not buying because he believes lads like this need the game time...he has a long term vision....

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    With this whole midfield debate we need to remember Klopp believes in coaching... Maybe he's not buying because he believes lads like this need the game time...he has a long term vision....
    I initially thought that a few seasons ago where we didn't spend a bean. Thought he might have a crop of kids that might be about to come through but nobody other than Elliot and Jones has really come through.

Tyler Morton and the Polish Messi Musiolowski must be pretty close to the first team squad.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Bajcetic looks a very good midfield prospect but he’ll need a season long loan next season and see where he is after that.

Morton.. looks like a Championship player but who knows, Coady made it on the Prem, Wilson is there now and Neco Williams, so he may make it yet.

As for Musialowski…. He has played through the youth ranks with his head down, playing like the best kid in the school yard. One in a million of those types make it.

Jones even should have a loan season, to see if he can develop and learn how to positively affect a game, not just be a body on the pitch.

We need to bring a couple in, though FSG will be pointing at the additional year Klopp asked for Milly, the additional years of Henderson Klopp pushed for, Ox and Keita’s high wages, £200k a week for sick note Thiago.
    And they would have a point to be fair. Klopp has not done enough to move on the salary drainers in the squad.

Agree with thhe above Miller BUT have to add that Thiago was always like this. Never had a great consistency record with fitness. YOu can't play him like a Gini..he isn't that robust, his game is different.

You buy him for the key games where you face players that can hurt you. You dare them to attack and wait for Thiago to kill them. You have to manage these players through a season. In current guise he is wasted to a degree. Like using a Ferrari on a dirt road. Can't be relying on him for the more physically combative games that we should be winning with relative ease. These are the games. for a more robust but less technical midfield. The fact that we so often drop points without him in these games forced Klopp to over use him imo. For instance - rest him for Home game with Wolves - and we have a much MUCH better chance of number 7.

That's 18 points dropped in the 15 games he has missed through injury since the start of last season 27 points from 45!!. He was also instrumental in us being in the champions league last term, without him we simply wouldn't have madd it. No senior CB's and no Captain and we took a lot of points in those games. 26 points from a possible 30..!

Looking at that it's clear we don't come close to a title challenge without him last term.

It's true though that IF he can't play enough games justification for him is massively reduced. imo it's Hendo - Milner - Keita and Oxlade.. they are all either not good enough - perennially unfit or too old.

He needs better players around him - Carvalho will probably be that but Thiago isn't getting any younger
    Last edited by Steveo; 24th August 2022 at 12:28 PM.

Carvalho looks a fantastic young player, far superior to headless chickens Jones and Elliott already
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Im glad Carvalho has started 50 games so far, for us so we can decide hes better than Elliot and Jones
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Im glad Carvalho has started 50 games so far, for us so we can decide hes better than Elliot and Jones
    Them two have had their chance. They're pushing on a bit anyway so no chance of Jurgen moulding them into players now.