Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Fulham

Your team v Fulham

A Community Shield in the bag. Glorified friendly or not, it's been 14 years! Back of the net. A bonus point-blank miss from Haaland to cap it off.

Now the Marathon begins.

Our opening League game sees us play away to Fulham. Founded in 1879, they are London's oldest football club playing professionally. We have a 12.30 kick-off on the Saturday so will play before almost everyone - with Arsenal opening the season against Crystal Palace on the Friday.

The prospect of Fulham and Liverpool meeting in a Europa League Final any time soon seems next to impossible, though could easily have been the case in 09/10. Fulham will aim to stay in the Premier League while Liverpool will hope to compete for it.

Marco Silva is currently at the helm and guided them to promotion. Interesting to see how he does as his managerial spells at Hull, Watford and Everton were all short.

Alisson is expected to be fit. A few players are unavailable with short-term injuries, with Ox the outlier as he is expected to be out until October.

A selection dilemma will be whether to keep the system/muscle memory if you will that would come with including Firmino, or to give Núñez a chance to get up and running right away.

......................Alisson

Trent......Matip.......Van Dijk.....Robertson

.........................Fabinho

.............Henderson.......Thiago

Salah............Núñez.........Diaz
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Nunez
    Nunez

and Nunez

The rest picks itself because we have no midfield depth COUGH
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Midfield depth will definitely be one of the main discussions of the season, as so many want that one extra player (some even two) going forward.

Let's hope that the capacity to take more players off at an earlier stage (and thus protect them from the closing minutes where so many injuries occur) can help to dampen these worries - lads like Thiago not having to play 90 minutes every week is certainly something many of us will welcome.

I generally think it's the difference i'd be a lot more confident if we signed a good midfielder, honestly think we'd of done even better last season and maybe win more.... instead of the burnout... injury prone players.. + hard working midfield = not good, no surprise we ended up burning out a bit towards the end, Depth, and I don't mean Jones or Milner.. I mean quality no disrespect to milner
    #FSGOUT

Guess we'll see Kev - guess we'll see.

Some changes for both ourselves and Man City. As good as Haaland should prove to be for them they'll need to adjust which hopefully causes some dropped points in the opening third of the season for them - and we'll be adjusting to Núñez without Mane to ease that transition.

Still looks like us or Man City - I'd pretty much forgotten we finished 18 points clear of Chelsea last season and 6 wins worth of points is a lot of ground to make up.

Watched goals scored from some of our League games last season and was surprised at just how many I had forgotten.

Getting very, very excited about the season now. With Klopp now having ticked the FA Cup and League Cup off the list we'll hopefully play a bit more Youth in those so that all focus is on the big two.

A win at the weekend would be an excellent start.

I'm not joking, I can see us score at least 4 on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    That would be absolutely wonderful!

I'm always wary of promoted teams early in the season - they always seem to play with that "nothing to lose" mentality on the back of a crowd that is hyped for the season. I just care about wins early-on - great performances with big scorelines can come later - but if you are predicting a start like that I am all "four" it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Own goals?

I kid..

Fulham shouldn't be too much of a challenge..... can see us scoring 6!

Nunez x6
    #FSGOUT

I just like to point out. I dont like the idea of the 5 sub thing. anything can happen.. teams are 1 down they can easily throw 4 players on the attack and really pressure teams for the last 15 minutes. + there will be at least 6 minutes of stoppage time.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century