Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Define woke

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    The group has a voice but it's restricted. By the media and the establishment.
    Because media and the establishment prefer to push the views of the other smaller "groups".
    For Publicity? To create conflict?
    You really think that's true?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    You're surely at least here, in terms of reality.

Title:
    UK’s biggest cervical cancer charity shuts down disgustingly transphobic lie that ‘only females get cervical cancer’

Text:
    Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust says “everyone with a cervix” should have access to support and information about cervical cancer and smear tests, including trans and non-binary people, after a disgusting Twitter campaign by transphobes.

The UK’s leading cervical cancer charity was responding to a hashtag that trended on Twitter over the weekend insisting that “only females get cervical cancer”.

“We’re aware a hashtag is trending that raises the issue of gender identity and cervical health,” Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust tweeted on July 12.

“At Jo’s we want to ensure everyone with a cervix has access to the information and support they need to attend*#CervicalScreening, regardless of their gender identity.”

The charity then added a link to its*support page.

As Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust emphasised, anyone with a cervix can get cervical cancer – so people with cervixes should attend regular screenings with their GP.

This includes trans men, trans masculine people, intersex people and non-binary people, as well as some trans women who have had gender confirmation surgery.

“This should only be about inclusive health care, raising awareness, and getting the right checks to the right people to save lives,” one woman wrote on Twitter after seeing the hashtag campaign over the weekend.

“It is not about erasing women or anyone else.”

Another person said: “So the TERFs got #OnlyFemalesGetCervicalCancer trending.

“Not to raise awareness about cancer, but to make trans men feel bad. THAT’S how sh**ty and awful they are.

“Anyone who has a cervix, from cis women to trans men, non-binary and intersex people, can get cervical cancer.”

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/07/13/jos-cervical-cancer-charity-trans-non-binary-smear-test-intersex-transphobia-gender-identity/
    I don't see this as woke. I don't know what this is.

Title:
    Trans inmate who got two women pregnant is moved to men's prison

Introduction:
    A trans prisoner has been moved to a different prison after getting two fellow inmates pregnant.(not a rape one, that's further back iirc)

Demi Minor, who was jailed for 30 years for stabbing her former foster father to death is now being held on a vulnerable unit at a men’s prison in New Jersey.

She was moved from the Edna Mahan Correctional Facility to the Garden State Youth Correctional Facility last month.

In a post on her Justice 4 Demi blog, Minor claimed that she was mocked and strip searched by officers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/trans-inmate-who-got-two-women-pregnant-is-moved-to-men-s-prison/ar-AAZHxi6
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/06/29/pride-month-kink-consent/

Title:
    Yes, kink belongs at Pride. And I want my kids to see it.

Introduction
    Children need to know that they can make their own ways in the world

When our children grew tired of marching, we plopped onto a nearby curb. Just as we got settled, our elementary-schooler pointed in the direction of oncoming floats, raising an eyebrow at a bare-chested man in dark sunglasses whose black suspenders clipped into a leather thong. The man paused to be spanked playfully by a partner with a flog. “What are they doing?” my curious kid asked as our toddler cheered them on. The pair was the first of a few dozen kinksters who danced down the street, laughing together as they twirled their whips and batons, some leading companions by leashes. At the time, my children were too young to understand the nuance of the situation, but I told them the truth: That these folks were members of our community celebrating who they are and what they like to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    You really think that's true?
    Have you heard the saying "the lunatics have taken over the asylum"?
    It's very old and possibly not politically correct.
    BUT this is how the world is going, and it worries the shit out of me.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

I don't see this as woke. I don't know what this is.
    Maybe you could be more forthcoming and honest.
    What do you believe woke is ?

It's seems like only yesterday you were wondering what woke is, and now you seem to be informed enough to disagree with me on.

I remember Ash Sarkhar having this, What is woke anyway moment.
    Then getting replied to with video, of her talking about her woke political activism.

It's a bit of possuming, funny how the Labour Party enthusiasts like SR, are unfamiliar with the term also.
    It reminded me of Ash, what is woke anyway move.

Title
    The lesbians who feel pressured to have sex and relationships with trans women

Introduction:
    Warning: Story contains strong language

"I've had someone saying they would rather kill me than Hitler," says 24-year-old Jennie*.

"They said they would strangle me with a belt if they were in a room with me and Hitler. That was so bizarrely violent, just because I won't have sex with trans women."

Jennie is a lesbian woman. She says she is only sexually attracted to women who are biologically female and have vaginas. She therefore only has sex and relationships with women who are biologically female.

Jennie doesn't think this should be controversial, but not everyone agrees. She has been described as transphobic, a genital fetishist, a pervert and a "terf" - a trans exclusionary radical feminist........

There's a common argument that they try and use that goes 'What if you met a woman in a bar and she's really beautiful and you got on really well and you went home and you discovered that she has a penis? Would you just not be interested?'" says Jennie, who lives in London and works in fashion.

"Yes, because even if someone seems attractive at first you can go off them. I just don't possess the capacity to be sexually attracted to people who are biologically male, regardless of how they identify."

I became aware of this particular issue after I wrote an article about*sex, lies and legal consent.

Several people got in touch with me to say there was a "huge problem" for lesbians, who were being pressured to "accept the idea that a penis can be a female sex organ".

(Iirc some guardian writer coined the terf term over decade ago)
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-57853385

When asked to comment on this pattern of coercion and assault, Stonewall’s CEO compared same-sex attraction to racism. “Nobody should ever be pressured into dating, or pressured into dating people they aren’t attracted to,” Nancy Kelley told the BBC. “But if you find that when dating, you are writing off entire groups of people, like people of color, fat people, disabled people or trans people, then it’s worth considering how societal prejudices may have shaped your attractions.”

https://afterellen.com/backlash-against-lesbians-assaulted-by-transwomen/

I left out healthy at any size, which of course brings up another issue for woke cunts.
    Is being obese, say 14 stone overweight only a health risk because of medical pressures ?

It's seems like only yesterday you were wondering what woke is, and now you seem to be informed enough to disagree with me on.

Then getting replied to with video, of her talking about her woke political activism.

It's a bit of possuming, funny how the Labour Party enthusiasts like SR, are unfamiliar with the term also.
    I said "I think it's too broad to define and actually a bit meaningless. Just look at some of the posts on here. Some very subjective definitions."

You have a very clear definition in your mind which at the moment is all based on the LGBTQ community and some of the extreme (but possibly peripheral) views within that community. I would say that the term woke appears to have been usurped.

This is where it becomes tricky. Most definitions of woke would include the need to recognize/acknowledge (and seek representation for) marginalized and/or minority communities in society - at which point the door opens to any extreme view or lifestyle.

When asked to comment on this pattern of coercion and assault, Stonewall’s CEO compared same-sex attraction to racism. “Nobody should ever be pressured into dating, or pressured into dating people they aren’t attracted to,” Nancy Kelley told the BBC. “But if you find that when dating, you are writing off entire groups of people, like people of color, fat people, disabled people or trans people, then it’s worth considering how societal prejudices may have shaped your attractions.”

https://afterellen.com/backlash-against-lesbians-assaulted-by-transwomen/

I left out healthy at any size, which of course brings up another issue for woke cunts.
    Is being obese, say 14 stone overweight only a health risk because of medical pressures ?
    Here's the thing. I know people who say they'll never, and I quote, "date a black girl" - that's their call. No one is forcing them to. Nothing to do with society or political correctness but what a random restriction to put on yourself.

I said "I think it's too broad to define and actually a bit meaningless. Just look at some of the posts on here. Some very subjective definitions."

You have a very clear definition in your mind which at the moment is all based on the LGBTQ community and some of the extreme (but possibly peripheral) views within that community. I would say that the term woke appears to have been usurped.

This is where it becomes tricky. Most definitions of woke would include the need to recognize/acknowledge (and seek representation for) marginalized and/or minority communities in society - at which point the door opens to any extreme view or lifestyle.
    I know, I replied to that with the scenario, where this ideology has gone from demanding gaymen be able to have sex legally, to forcing gays to have sex with other gays with different genitals. Which only bigots would call straight sex, terf scum.
    I've claimed people in this woke cult, don't care about a sense of consistency. As with Ash Sarkhar, she feigned ignorance of what is woke, then had replies of her speaking about it explicitly in the past.

With SR our opening poster of this thread, in another thread he argued with me there was no such thing as white people or black people. Because nobody is really black or white by which these people would either reflect every bit of light or absorb every bit of light.
    That Mane & Bojo were different shades of Tan. Then he heralded the introduction of black history month in Wales iirc, commonly meaning the history of black people he argued don't even exist, and certainly not one that includes bojo and white people as part of the same racial group. I asked him what's the curriculum and he didn't know.

1 black people don't exist
    2 we are all some shade of tan
    3 great news, the history of black people is going to be taught (presently inspired by BLM which certainly sees 2 races in their story)
    4 no ability to relay any of the curriculum, sure who cares what's taught to people who don't exist, about their non existence and people from other races or shades of Tan.
    I brought you stuff, and your reply, I'm not sure what that is...
    As said hard to define, can be part of its definition. Though for me, I don't think it's that hard.

LGBTQ is just one part, that fit as a clear example. I posted more in the previous page.

Yeah, that's what people like to believe.
    "They said they would strangle me with a belt if they were in a room with me and Hitler."

Dear CCTV,
    if by SR you are referring to me then for the record... I am not a labour party enthusiast