Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opening Weekend’s Other Games

This is why I love football. As bad as we were yesterday, there’s always Everton and United.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Hammers replacement keeper gives a needless penalty away, bringing down Haaland who looked to be running the ball out of play.
    Haaland takes it and inevitably scores it.

WHU 0-1 City 36 minutes

City in complete control with about 85% possession

just seen the non penalty that Brighton wasn't given. Totally laughable clear has day
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

What possible reason can VAR give for not getting the referee to go to the monitor? Not enough contact?? Please…. did you see how little contact is necessary to give a penalty at Craven Cottage yesterday ref???

VAR has not improved football one iota for me. In fact it’s ruined the best part, celebrating your team scoring a goal, while we wait twenty minutes to see if Salah’s pubes were offside.

That standard of managers leaves a lot to be desired.. you go man to man wth man-city and when they play the ball back the players pressing the defends press the defenders. You dont drop off.. just allows them the ball
    6 years Pep as been in this league and 6 years the opposition managers just let them dictate the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What possible reason can VAR give for not getting the referee to go to the monitor? Not enough contact?? Please…. did you see how little contact is necessary to give a penalty at Craven Cottage yesterday ref???

VAR has not improved football one iota for me. In fact it’s ruined the best part, celebrating your team scoring a goal, while we wait twenty minutes to see if Salah’s pubes were offside.
    I don't blame VAR.. The Brighton player was clearly clipped. Its simple if the goal was given it would have meant 3 nil down and thats NOT ALLOWED.Officials are corrupt...The Fulham penalty was questionable. The Brighton one today was clear cut..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I don't blame VAR.. The Brighton player was clearly clipped. Its simple if the goal was given it would have meant 3 nil down and thats NOT ALLOWED.Officials are corrupt...The Fulham penalty was questionable. The Brighton one today was clear cut..
    VAR is the most important thing to have happened in football. The issue is not the idea it is the people the refs in England that are. But overall I am still happy. Offside "missed" by the linesman like we had at Old Trafford a few seasons ago don't happen anymore. Similar legitimate goals that were flagged because linesman was behind play don't happen anymore. Without VAR United would have been challenging for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    VAR is the most important thing to have happened in football. The issue is not the idea it is the people the refs in England that are. But overall I am still happy. Offside "missed" by the linesman like we had at Old Trafford a few seasons ago don't happen anymore. Similar legitimate goals that were flagged because linesman was behind play don't happen anymore. Without VAR United would have been challenging for the title.
    I agree its the officials that are still bias.. Not sure if you saw the incident with Welbeck.. But he was clearly clipped. It wasn't even questionable. For some unknown reason it wasn't given or like Miller said .the Var didnt ask the ref to look at it..

What i mean by i don't blame Var i mean techonolgy wise.. If a person is viewing an incident and its clear its a foul. No 50/50 or uncertancies.. and they get it wrong.. You really need to ask WHY.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

Totally agree with you Miller. It hasn't added enough to outweigh the negatives, main one being the buzz kill. There are still loads of errors made, decisions that are contentious and things missed. It's also made things so pedantic that people want penalties and free kicks for everything. Liverpool are great under klopp but football as a whole has lost a lot of the simple joy in recent years. Shame.