Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839

Thread: Match Thread: Fulham v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He along with the whole starting line up was shocking. The only pluses were the Subs.
    It's an odd thing to say, but I am oddly relieved at how poor we were - simply because I find it hard to envisage another match where so many individuals within the side play at such a low percentage of their fullest potential.

You would imagine that we can't be that collectively and individually dreadful on a regular basis, so there is a lot of scope for improvement.

If we felt we had played well but could only muster a draw (or had lost) I'd be far more troubled.

Can't afford any bullshit against Crystal Palace and you'd hope that playing Man United should be massive motivation in itself - if we end up with 7-from-9 and Núñez perhaps getting picked from the start rather than being a sub the picture will look a lot better - so fingers crossed that's how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's an odd thing to say, but I am oddly relieved at how poor we were - simply because I find it hard to envisage another match where so many individuals within the side play at such a low percentage of their fullest potential.

You would imagine that we can't be that collectively and individually dreadful on a regular basis, so there is a lot of scope for improvement.

If we felt we had played well but could only muster a draw (or had lost) I'd be far more troubled.

Can't afford any bullshit against Crystal Palace and you'd hope that playing Man United should be massive motivation in itself - if we end up with 7-from-9 and Núñez perhaps getting picked from the start rather than being a sub the picture will look a lot better - so fingers crossed that's how it pans out.
    After the City game never did I think we would be so poor, we just never turned up but at least we got a point. As you say Nunez has to start against Palace and the performance needs to be a hell of alot better.