Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Fulham v Liverpool

Fulham well on top in this one so far.

We can't seem to be able to get out of our half or put together any sustained decent sequence of plays with all their high and early pressing.

I doubt they'll be able to keep at this for the entire match, but it certainly has to be a good wake-up call for our lads that teams are going to come at us this season like this.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Don’t like how confident I am

Mind you that was terrible defending so that’s my confidence suitably dented

I assume this opening frame so far has brought you to back down to Earth, back to the rest of us again.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Fulham well on top in this one so far.

We can't seem to be able to get out of our half or put together any sustained decent sequence of plays with all their high and early pressing.

I doubt they'll be able to keep at this for the entire match, but it certainly has to be a good wake-up call for our lads that teams are going to come at us this season like this.
    Promoted team, back in PL, first game at home v Liverpool - they were always going to come out of blocks flying
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

that was nice, Robertson needs to learn better going forward, quite the opposite of Trent in that regards
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

First ball in the net by us by Diaz but waved off for a clear offside by Robbo as Bobby held on to the pass to long.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Promoted team, back in PL, first game at home v Liverpool - they were always going to come out of blocks flying
    Yep - promoted sides are always the ones I least like to face as a season-opener.

Not terribly concerned about this match though. We have had slow starts before and often come out much better in the second half so if it's 0-0 at half-time I won't be sweating.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    That's what I'm assuming.

Hopefully the team note was to soak in that early pressure and play ourselves back into the game.

Fulham player very lucky there not to get an early trip to the showers with a studs up challenge to Diaz.

Very very lucky lad indeed.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 6th August 2022 at 12:50 PM.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

We’re starting to play football a bit now after a poor opening 15 minutes. Diaz goal correctly ruled out for offside, but what a finish.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

We don’t look on it at all

Nasty block on Diaz there