Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Fulham v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I am not gonna enjoy this season. its gonna be a long drawn out drag.. I just hope we just manage to do enough to win the league. second place is no place..
    As much as I empathise with not enjoying that we missed out on winning the League of late, I'd encourage you to try and find joy in the smaller wins.

We finished second last season. Which is "no place" by your logic - fair enough - but you must have taken some joy from some of our Champion's League performances or a League aggregate 9-0 win over Man United at the very least?

I am not gonna enjoy this season. its gonna be a long drawn out drag.. I just hope we just manage to do enough to win the league. second place is no place..
    Just enjoy it for what it is. I think it’ll tighten up at the top of the table. Not convinced we can challenge with that midfield to be honest. But looking forward to Nunez salah Diaz combo and carvalho breaking into the side. Not all bad.

If we are in a title race this season - without any midfield additions I will eat my shorts - and they are huge.

Massive.

So?

They're not even remotely comparable situations.

Mitrovic's header today - in addition to being taken closer than where Carroll's was (thus giving Allisson less opportunity and time to react to it than Cech had) - also had more power to it, and was harder to keep out.

Cech would have been in goal today for us and even he wouldn't have saved that in a million years.

In his situation in that game he had time to cut back across his goal line to make the save and claw it out before it slipped in.

Allisson was right about where the header went in, got a glove partially on it and it still went through his hand thanks to the aforementioned power.

So what the hell are you saying he didn't do right or could have done better outside of getting a partial glove in what was essentially a reaction reflex save?

Again, not comparable to Cech's situation (as he's talked about it in the aftermath of that game) that he had enough time to assess the ball coming in and react enough to keep it out.

I don't understand what point it is you think you're trying to make.
    I don't understand why you have this bug up your butt about it.

Allisson was not the one at fault for that goal - certainly not the primary culprit if even that.
    The two or three players in red in the sequence leading to it were, with the last one being most at fault as this is the umpteenth time a goal like that has been scored against him while he's ball-watching and completely lost sight of the player he's supposed to be marking - and most recently before this literally costing us the Champions League.

Or was that Allisson's fault as well?

What is your problem?
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 6th August 2022 at 03:37 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    As much as I empathise with not enjoying that we missed out on winning the League of late, I'd encourage you to try and find joy in the smaller wins.

We finished second last season. Which is "no place" by your logic - fair enough - but you must have taken some joy from some of our Champion's League performances or a League aggregate 9-0 win over Man United at the very least?
    I was happy with winning the fa cup we havent done that for a long while.. and the league cup was great as well.. They are second trophies to me. If we dont win the league or champions league. that'll be 3 years without a massive trophy
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Just enjoy it for what it is. I think it’ll tighten up at the top of the table. Not convinced we can challenge with that midfield to be honest. But looking forward to Nunez salah Diaz combo and carvalho breaking into the side. Not all bad.
    I know its not all bad.. Just wish we were more stable... I don't think i can watch some games where we struggle to score and some games we drop points from winning positions..
    And yes the midfield is huge issues
    Last edited by justme; 6th August 2022 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If we are in a title race this season - without any midfield additions I will eat my shorts - and they are huge.

Massive.
    I'd be careful about making a bet like that.

We were in a title race last season without any midfield addition to replace the departing Gini the season before - and no, Thiago doesn't count given his injury record and how much time he spent out injured last season as well.

It's not more about whether we'll be in a title race.
    It's more about what chance we'll give ourselves of actually winning it.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Massive.
    Yet we were just a game short last season?

Were they just playing really well last season (or 18/19 and 19/20)? You're saying that a fair few of these players are playing above their ability but they've been doing it for a fair few years now!

Of course if they all get injured and we have to rely on 5th, 6th and 7th choice midfielders for big chunks of time then of course we're going to struggle (like we did a couple of seasons ago).

I know its no all bad.. Just wish we were more stable... I don't think i can watch some games where we struggle to score and some games we drop points from winning positions..
    And yes the midfield is huge issues
    Well unfortunately that's the game...

Maybe just stick to watching the highlights of the games where we win 5-0 then you don't have to sit through the horror show of nearly winning a quad, or breaking all sorts of records season in season out, or scoring nearly 150 goals last season....

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Well unfortunately that's the game...

Maybe just stick to watching the highlights of the games where we win 5-0 then you don't have to sit through the horror show of nearly winning a quad, or breaking all sorts of records season in season out, or scoring nearly 150 goals last season....
    Yeah you enjoy watching it instead