Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Fulham v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Shouldn't make for a good reading for Trent that he's been the defender against whom the last goal against us to end the season last season was scored to lose the Champions League, and again to be the same culprit to open this season against whom the first one we've conceded this season has been scored.

This one was a little bit less his fault and more of an overall team breakdown, but he still could have done better blocking Mitrovic out and denying him the space to get up to get that header.
    Try find a rcm in either goal conceded

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We never really played with a number 10 it was mostly a false 9. so ina way that was a 10..so pretty much like today.. Just
    Wijnaldum offered/offers more than Thiago. whos posistion i have no idea about..
    Gini had a license on the left enabled by the strength of defenders on the left side. Robbo, Virgil and Mane(now diaz)

Whereas these days we have hendo pushing on from a rcm berth, with Salah our most advanced player, Trent our weaker fullback defensivley and Matip.

Okay having seen a replay of the goal again, I take back a bit of what I said in my last comment.

Trent could have done far better and was definitely guilty of ball watching and losing sight of the opposition players around him - most notably the scorer ghosting in behind him over his shoulder (.....again, Trent)

He really needs to get better in this department this season or opposition teams are just going to keep going into that well over and over again.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I wonder if their goalkeeper is any good.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Okay having seen a replay of the goal again, I take back a bit of what I said in my last comment.

Trent could have done far better and was definitely guilty of ball watching and losing sight of the opposition players around him - most notably the scorer ghosting in behind him over his shoulder (.....again, Trent)

He really needs to get better in this department this season or opposition teams are just going to keep going into that well over and over again.
    And Alison had time to watch the flight and be more aware of what to do

Thing is, I’m not Thiago’s biggest fan but he was excellent last week but like all 10 outfield players he hasn’t matched it this.

Elephant in the Liverpool Forum… Trent caught out at the far post for the umpteenth time. If Henderson is injured he might bring Gomez on and move Trent further up.

Come on lads, this 2nd half is very important even if it's the first game of the season.....

Let's not get to end of season and go "what if.." First game of the season ffs

get a fucking grip!!!!!
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Thing is, I’m not Thiago’s biggest fan but he was excellent last week but like all 10 outfield players he hasn’t matched it this.

Elephant in the Liverpool Forum… Trent caught out at the far post for the umpteenth time. If Henderson is injured he might bring Gomez on and move Trent further up.
    On the bright side we might get a midfielder if he is!

We're running out of them already!
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Try find a rcm in either goal conceded
    I'm not saying in either cases we didn't have problems in the sequence of plays leading up to the goal, but in both cases the very final part was a case where Trent could have definitely averted disaster with better - and BASIC - defending.

He starts to drift to the middle too early (and too often when he shouldn't) and loses sight of the acres of space behind him over his shoulder where a decent attacking player knows to slot into and get an easy shot (or header in this case) with no challenge.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

We need to bring on Nunez and get the ball down the sides and across. Salah needs to keep the width and not come inside. and same with Diaz. Bring on Cavaralo (sp) for Thiago and let him play in behind Nunez.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century