Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: The Midfield Conundrum

There is not one midfielder in amongst our “bodies” that I think, “oh good” when they are starting, not one.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    There is not one midfielder in amongst our “bodies” that I think, “oh good” when they are starting, not one.
    I know exactly what you mean in a sense, for me to have any confidence it needs to be a combination of players, I'm relatively comfortable and secure feeling with Hendo at No6 with Thiago or Jones at LCM and Keita or Thiago at RCM

If Fab is at No6 for me he has to have Thiago at LCM and Hendo at RCM

I'm not at all secure and have no confidence whatsoever if I see Elliott on the team sheet in our midfield line up for any game against any opponent, that turns to absolute despair if I see Fab and Elliott both in our midfield line up for any game or at any stage of any game, like when that genius Jurgen brought Elliott on for Hendo when we were leading 3-2 v Brighton, just fucking suicide, but apparently he refuses to learn or concede he is entirely wrong about Elliott despite his persistence with him having cost us any hope of a title challenge and potentially any hope of top four already this season and it having destroyed the form and confidence of several other players
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I knew we were in trouble when Klopp said we had enough bodies in midfield. No thought of quality or particular personnel, just bodies.

There's plenty of bodies in the cemetery, doesn't mean they'll be any use come match day
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Yes, absolutely this. It was a disgruntled admission by the great man. The term “bodies” is used to describe obstacles on the pitch, rather than players. It was a damning indictment for sure.

Probably as close as he will come t digging out the club or players. It fits with his demeanour. None of it is good.

This is the look of a beaten man. I have never seen our Jurgen look so lost and forlorn. Difficult to take.

[IMG][/IMG]

It's of his own making in part, and I have seen him like this before, in 20-21 when he made an equally huge mess of it playing midfielders in defence, before belatedly dropping the line and adjusting how we played, the difference in 20-21 is that there weren't as many other teams as well equipped to keep picking up points moving further and further ahead of us while Jurgen was making a mess of things

He's doing exactly what he did playing midfielders at CB in 20-21 right now playing forwards out of position and playing Elliott in midfield at all and not playing the one midfielder who can actually assist, or release to assist our full backs and forwards as often as he might

Playing Mo as a No9 is not getting the best from Mo
    Playing Elliott at RCM i not getting the best from Mo, Trent, Hendo or Nunez
    Playing Nunez as a No9 in a pair is not getting the best of Nunez or helping him and Mo strike up an understanding or Nunez strike up and understanding with our other players or our other players learn how to help get the best of Nunez

He's making a big fat mess of it just like he did in 20-21, most of the injuries are his problem because he wanted a proper pre-season it's something he has always talked about and he didn't let players who had played every game available to them last season have enough rest and squeezed far too many games into our pre-season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

True to an extent, but his mum had just died and he wasn’t even allowed to go to the funeral…!

Imagine that?

Strange how we fall off a cliff when Jurgen isn’t on the horse

Some amazing revising going on lately. Klopps tone changed when injuries piled up, he was very cocky and confident in his midfield options for the season.
    He rates Elliot very highly and Elliot playing rcm seems to be his top priority. Jurgens only human, he makes mistakes, deal with it.

What with the “bodies” comment…??

Come off it man.

He looked forlorn when Melo - was our only incoming mid. Or was I imagining that too?

I think Jürgen is parsimonious as much as FSG and will use up all his resources as much as he can. They are like fishermen who keep catching a bounty each year on the same spot but seem shocked when the fish run out