Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Midfield Conundrum

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The filthy have been showing an interest in him for a while. Ten Hag interested since he was at River Plate. We should have gone in for him this summer. Tug of war now with Chelsea probably too

We were too busy lamenting about Chou Chou allegedly, then went for Melo..
    We were apparently monitoring him at that time also, and yes other sides are now rumoured to be interested, I think we'd have to make a horses head in the bed offer in January, one to rescue our season and make a great stride forward in securing our future, two because if we wait until the summer, the other suitors will likely be better placed to land him, we have an obvious need and the space for a midfielder of his abilities right now, that can't be said of the other suitors, we are also in the Champions League last 16 right now, as are his current club, as are Chelsea, so we could take the filthy out of the equation with a January move as they aren't in the Champions League, if we wait until the summer, it could be a different story

The situation with suitable players and our chances of signing them and who might land them ahead of us next summer who'd have been a very poor third of fourth choice for any player this summer confirms the absolute need to keep investing in the squad and building and strengthening while you're on top and shows how desperately poor in this respect FSG have been and in failing to appreciate the mechanisms and potential ups and downs of the market one of their businesses (as they view it) a business worth 4bn plus if they were to sell it, is in Edit: It makes them looks like absolute rank amateurs, despite all the other excellent work at increasing revenue streams they have done, and the narcissism and idealism of their 'model' trying to do moneyball in football, a market they don't understand, foolhardy
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 4th November 2022 at 03:01 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It's a bummer but there will be others out there.. we have to find them

I thought Ryan Yates put in a good shift v us.
    Off the radar perhaps but any thoughts?

To be honest I hadn’t heard of him until our game.

Weve had 3 months of pooris form for this club. and we are imploding?? we finished on 92 points last season. missed winning the league by 1 point. lost the champions league by 1 goal. and won two trophies
    The media especially sky want it to happen. No one else will compete with Man-city like we have. is that what sky want 1 team winning everything?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Any narrative of implosion is just....odd.

We went from 99 points in 19/20 to 69 points in 20/21. Surely that was an "implosion" to them - then we bounced from the 30-point drop right into an attempt at an unprecedented Quadruple.

Fluctuating perhaps. But we certainly aren't "done" by any means.

Liverpool are favourites to beat Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City and Real Madrid to the signing of Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund after forging a close relationship with the 19-year-old England midfielder. (ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Liverpool are favourites to beat Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City and Real Madrid to the signing of Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund after forging a close relationship with the 19-year-old England midfielder. (ESPN)
    #nailedon. Been tracking him for years by all accounts. Obviously not convinced enough to pull the trigger on bringing him in two years ago when Utd almost signed him.
    Few socials linking us with a summer deal for Rice too.
    I'd be made up with either.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    #nailedon. Been tracking him for years by all accounts. Obviously not convinced enough to pull the trigger on bringing him in two years ago when Utd almost signed him.
    Few socials linking us with a summer deal for Rice too.
    I'd be made up with either.
    Both would be a serious statement