Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: The Midfield Conundrum

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Getting a cold in August as a mid-twenties professional athlete !!
    What a joke
    Must admit I guessed it was Covid although this is being denied.

I take on board the replies and i understand,. Just I disagree on the owners funding all we need.. we sign 1 player a season and 1 for the future..we need a midfielder its obvious.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I take on board the replies and i understand,. Just I disagree on the owners funding all we need.. we sign 1 player a season and 1 for the future..we need a midfielder its obvious.
    Im with you Justme we need another midfielder.

Im not sure it is FSG though as we were going for him who went to Madrid.

My worry is this supposed waiting for a player ie Bellingham.

I think this is on Klopp/Pep but people dont want to say its him so use FSG as scapegoat.

Bissouma would have been ideal at £25m but I totally get why we didnt go near him, but there has to be someone else around who is decent on the ball and mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

I think this is on Klopp/Pep but people dont want to say its him so use FSG as scapegoat.

Bissouma would have been ideal at £25m but I totally get why we didnt go near him, but there has to be someone else around who is decent on the ball and mobile.
    Yeah, good on the ball but someone who can break up the play and get their foot in.. Thiago is another passer of the ball along with Fabinho. we can pass teams to death thats not the issue.

What we wouldnt do for a player like Gerrard. he'd be perfect in a 4/3/3 in the attacking roll. getcha loads of goals.More than Firmino who gets none has a number 9.
    Very few players like him around.. We seem more interested in little small players to play in behind . Time will tell if they are good enough to do a job in midfield as well as being able to get their share of goals.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

It's all good and well waiting for your targets but at what point does Klopp say or think that he can't wait?
    Two years without signing what we would call a first team midfielder is frankly ridiculous and this season we may not get away with it like we did last.

Some seem to think Bellingham is nailed on. We'll see but it's not just one we need, we could more than do with him plus another. Seems like that was the plan with Tchouameni, surely there's another target alongside him? Putting all your hopes on one player for each position you're looking for seems crazy.

how we meant to win the league when city have De Bruyne and we have henderson as are main midfield guy

Klopps a miracle worker to be fair, but only he can do so much

#FSGSKINT
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It's all good and well waiting for your targets but at what point does Klopp say or think that he can't wait?
    Two years without signing what we would call a first team midfielder is frankly ridiculous and this season we may not get away with it like we did last.

Some seem to think Bellingham is nailed on. We'll see but it's not just one we need, we could more than do with him plus another. Seems like that was the plan with Tchouameni, surely there's another target alongside him? Putting all your hopes on one player for each position you're looking for seems crazy.
    Well I agree but Klopp/Pep are driving this.

Pep says we want game changers or young talent.

Its easy to blame FSG but if Klopp didnt like it he is big enough to write his own cheques at 99% of clubs.

I look at the fees around at the minute and I dont know where clubs like Southampton go soon players of their standard are £30-40m they dont pay those fees.

Something will change with fees soon they are completely out of hand.

Being honest im starting to get annoyed at how much players earn but even worse is fans dropping comments like "Just pay XYZ £500k a week".

Fans work hard all week some of these players earn more in a training session than most earn in a year

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Yeah, good on the ball but someone who can break up the play and get their foot in.. Thiago is another passer of the ball along with Fabinho
    Fabinho's supposed to be a DM, he's woeful with the ball

Part of our problem is we have insisted on keeping Ox and Keita

We signed Fabinho for DM/No6 to replace Hendo, but Hendo's still miles better than him in that position and we won't accept we made an error and move him on and bring someone like Bissouma in who is an actual No6 and midfielder

We signed Thiago to replace Gini, that hasn't worked out either, it's made us less solid defensively, less potent attacking with Robbo not able to bomb forward at will to support Diaz as he did Mane because he can't rely on the cover and less able to bully sides with our pressing, counter pressing and physicality as we used to when both Hendo and Gini started And Thiago, like Keita is easily injured and frequently injured when the better Gini was always available

But like with Ox and Keita, we won't accept or admit our mistakes and move these players on, that's the biggest conundrum we have with our midfield and we've got our proposed evolution badly wrong, our recruitment hasn't been all that in midfield, our 2 major signings in the last 4 years have been nowhere near as good or as effective or reliable as the players they were bought to replace, but STILL we persist with them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Gini signed for Roma on load yesterday, if we're waiting for the one, we should have just signed Gini on a season's loan as I suggested in the summer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”