Page 1 of 18 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2022-2023 season's expectations and aspirations

Your 2022-2023 season's expectations and aspirations

Top four and Champions League last 16 and likely a scrap for top four for me, just think we've sacrificed too much of what made us Champions League and Premier League winners chasing an ideal that simply hasn't materialised and too many dynamics have changed or have been lost altogether

We failed to strengthen adequately and to move forward and capitalise on how strong we were both after winning the Champions League and after winning the league, to the point we weren't even able to mount a defence of our title as we started the following season short of one top quality CB, and we're now starting our second season in a row short of at least one to quality CM and carrying too many midfielders who aren't of the required quality, consistency or are too injury prone

Gini was the last midfield signing we got right, that was a very long time ago

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The manager expects us to challenge with what he has available - it would probably be worth mentioning at this point that he sees the game differently to you - and most of the opposition fans I speak to seem to be expecting more of the same from us.

We have strengthened arguably on this time last season - five top forwards to chose from now. Elliot and Carvalho will probably feature a lot this year.

I also think it’s hind sight to keep harping on about the loss of an unwanted defender two years ago. We had Fabinho as cover and in the end he got injured too. It was a strange season with no fans in the stadium. It’s not a computer game.

Having said that I think the midfield needs freshening up. Fabinho doesn’t cut it for me. We’ll have to wait and see if the two youngsters make a difference or if someone else is signed before I am able to make any predictions. But I think we’ll do well again for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Top four and Champions League last 16 and likely a scrap for top four for me
    That seems a bit pessimistic Nineteen, let's hope you're way off the mark. Even if Man City, Chelsea and Spurs (let's say) all clicked I think we would have had a massive drop-off if we actually have to fight for 4th considering it would be against, presumably, Arsenal or Newcastle or (chuckle) Man United.

As for me -

Expectations

- Second in the League, possible disappointing slip to 3rd if we capitulate and someone like Spurs simultaneously finds their best.
    - Quarter-finals of the Champion's League unless really unlucky with our draw.
    - Hard to call on the Domestic Cups, but personally rather hoping it's mainly kids and fringe to preserve energy for the main competitions.
    - Núñez and Salah to both get 14 League goals or more.

Aspirations

- Maintain our current level of challenging Man City hard, hopefully managing to win the League in the process. Rhythm and momentum will be required and a lot can change quickly in Football. The World Cup will be a curve ball for everyone and that includes Man City.
    - Champion's League semi-finals or further.
    - Domestic Cup Final, ideally winning of course.
    - Núñez and Salah to both get 20 League goals or more.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

From what I have learnt on this forum over the last season is that:

- Robbo has gone to shit
    - Trent is a liability
    - Hendo isn't at the level required
    - Thiago isn't justifying his praise
    - Fab doesnt protect the back 4
    - Firmino is done
    - Salah is greedy and isn't worth his place
    - Milner shouldn't be getting games at 37
    - Jota doesn't link the play well enough
    - Elliott/Harvey have won competitions and are lucky to be at the club
    - Naby/Ox are stealing a living
    - Gomez isn't good enough at CB

We'll do well to finish top half with this bunch of rag-tag no-hopers!

I must have dreamt last season, where we finished within two games of an unprecedented Quadruple...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Sick and tired of doubters being satiated with belief, want the PL & CL titles after last season.

If we don't add to the squad as it stands now, play 4231
    Salah Diaz Jota Nunez with say Fab & Hendo my best 11.

The domestic cups are bonuses, to see where our lesser spotted players can get us, but let's not forget they're less important than CL qualification/Top4 in business terms.

Still a bit of time left in the window for players to move. So let's see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Sick and tired of doubters being satiated with belief, want the PL & CL titles after last season.

If we don't add to the squad as it stands now, play 4231
    Salah Diaz Jota Nunez with say Fab & Hendo my best 11.

The domestic cups are bonuses, to see where our lesser spotted players can get us, but let's not forget they're less important than CL qualification/Top4 in business terms.

Still a bit of time left in the window for players to move. So let's see what happens
    happens
    I maintain the thought that no-one and but no-one sticks to such a rigid format! It is notional only at kick off and changes perhaps drastically during any game depending on the actual score at a particular time and the importance of the result. Such static visions of formations also are very one dimensional and do not portray the deployment across the field ie overloading to the left or right! (Second dimension) and aerial (third dimension)

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    happens
    1) I maintain the thought that no-one and but no-one sticks to such a rigid format! It is notional only at kick off and changes perhaps drastically during any game depending on the actual score at a particular time and the importance of the result.
    2) Such static visions of formations also are very one dimensional and do not portray the deployment across the field ie overloading to the left or right! (Second dimension) and aerial (third dimension)
    Congratulations, you've won your argument

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Congratulations, you've won your argument
    Thankyou!

Seasons over

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    From what I have learnt on this forum over the last season is that:

- Robbo has gone to shit He's been a bit off form at times but that's it
    - Trent is a liability Hardly- he is better going forward as we all know though
    - Hendo isn't at the level required he wouldn't get into any top of the range teams x11
    - Thiago isn't justifying his praise he's always fucking injured
    - Fab doesnt protect the back 4 19x doesn't count
    - Firmino is done because he is compare him to how he use to be, you dont go off form for years
    - Salah is greedy and isn't worth his place all top players are somewhat greedy
    - Milner shouldn't be getting games at 37 no other top team would have milner playing in the x11
    - Jota doesn't link the play well enough he doesn't but goals make up for it, he's just a different sort of player
    - Elliott/Harvey have won competitions and are lucky to be at the club you do realise these are the same person duck? Still young, and if you meant jones well he isn't good enough elliot is the better player already
    - Naby/Ox are stealing a living once again always fucking injured so they somewhat are.
    - Gomez isn't good enough at CB he doesn't play much... he's 4th in the pecking order for a reason. still not bad though.

We'll do well to finish top half with this bunch of rag-tag no-hopers! lol

I must have dreamt last season, where we finished within two games of an unprecedented Quadruple...
    Well done my friend for making peoples points more drastic, some are somewhat true to a extent.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.