Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Your 2022-2023 season's expectations and aspirations

Madrid aren't fairing much better. They've just been beaten at Mallorca 1-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And for the forum wind up merchant.

Maybe a little read here might help you on Jota and how much we are missing him. Everything you have said about him is complete and utter bunkum.

You don’t like players that endanger your favourites getting a start. You were against Jota from day one. Certainly massively harsh.

You didn’t think Bajcetic should start today and he was our best player by a country mile. In fact our only genuine performer.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022/01/12/diogo-jota-sits-second-in-top-five-european-leagues-for-an-interesting-off-ball-statistic-which-demonstrates-his-importance/amp/
    He was desperately poor at linking play and in his pressing and improved significantly in the latter end of last season and still needs to drastically improve his link play and demonstrate the higher level of pressing consistently

Jurgen's use of him breaking down our most potent left side's automation and effectiveness was the second thing after the Hendo/Fab debacle, that started our decline and the loss nof runs in behind and ever present options and width for switches and diagonals in behind

That isn't Jota's fault it is another example of Jurgen's mismanagement i was the only person here to advocate signing Jota while many were clamouring for Traore
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The thing with highly tuned systems with years of established over time automation that is fundamental to maintaining and improving on your highest levels and recruitment and employment of new players is that they are first and foremost able to perform the functions of their predecessor in facilitating the system and automation working to it's existing levels without causing a break down or loss of automation THEN work on that playing adding to it

With Jota and our No9 the linkinng and pressing needed to be brought to the required standard THEN we could start working on the No9 getting in the box more and adding more goals

That's how it was always done under Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Kenny and the boot rooom. Jurgen and his staff made a right cunt of it

With how Jota was introduced and used we broke down far too much automation and too many vital existing relationships meaning all though he was scoring more than Bobby had, we were breaking down the Champions League and Premier League winning system and automation and getting less from Mane Robbo Trent Hendo and Mo, making Jota scoring more than Bobby a completely false economy

As i vehemently pointed out at length at the time, it was never anything to do with a preference for any indiviual, it was about respecting and maintaining the system and automation as was always done under Shankly Paisley Fagan Kenny and the boot room , which was crucial and fundamental to the 3 decades of unparalleled success they had

I don't expect you or most others to appreciate or understand that and it's long been clear you don't

And AGAIN here we are, where we currently are through those history and exalted club values being disrespected

But reality conflicts with what you are saying. Paisley changed and evolved the great sides we (Paisley included) had built under Shanks, he evolved the team and changed the setup to take us to the highest level we ever achieved. A level I am certain Jurgen would have managed himself with the right funds.

You seem very set in your ways and any evidence presented seems irrelevant to you.. Here is some more.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/08/05/bob-paisley-understated-tactician-who-conquered-all-europe-liverpool

'Paisley's senior coaching career started at the beginning of Shankly's Anfield tenure, but his Liverpool story starts long before. He had been a fixture at the club as far back as the late 1930s, when he spent 15 years as a formidable left half before moving into off-field roles as a physio and then as reserve team manager throughout the 1950s.*

When the time came for Shankly to take over in 1959, then, Paisley had cut his teeth, and his depth of knowledge and high standing within the club saw him appointed assistant manager in order to ease the transition.*

In many ways, while Shankly picked the team and handled the motivational side of the job, Paisley was the tactician.*

Although he would later*prove to have assets more valuable to his management than his tactical knowledge, it was one of his tactical observations towards the end of the Shankly era that proved just how far ahead of his time he was, as he noted in a European tie that Red Star Belgrade's use of ball-playing centre-halves was their undoing in a 1973 European Cup tie.*

This was something alien to English football, as virtually every team at the time; including Liverpool with Tommy Smith and Larry Lloyd; playing with two destroyers at the heart of defence. Paisley's solution was simple, recommending that midfielder Phil Thompson be played at centre-back alongside the intelligent Emlyn Hughes.

The result was a more possession-based approach to building from the back that*took the place of the high-octane attack-at-all-costs football that would soon become redundant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those who don't know - call it "tappy crappy".. teehee..

The huge over simplification of what Bob saw "ball-playing centre-halves" in truth, was better technicians. Better footballers. simples..

My old fella was there that day - we hadn't lost a game at Anfield for a year I believe and they came and showed us how to play the game.
    Last edited by Steveo; 5th February 2023 at 09:42 PM.

Football is constantly evolving. - as Mathew Broderick once said in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.. (great film btw)

It cannot ever remain the same way. The template that is working now - will be broken and undone as new or reused styles are brought back into play. the players that come through and the subtle changes in rules acting as a constant shift to the landscape.

Its who we ditch is key, trents head is gone and his attitude stinks cheerio, salah can fuck off to psg and henderson is a problem behind the scenes and on the pitch as well. Ox keita as well will be gone. Team is evolving needs people bought in and hungry for it. Thanks to all the lads mentioned but time to move on.

Matip can go, Gomez is a good back up RB and English
    Keita, Ox and Milner probably gone too.
    Salah isn’t doing anything like justify his wage so if he stays at this level and PSG are daft enough let’s take their cash and use it to buy Declan Rice to play 6.

Bobby is missing more and more games, not sure it’s worth extending his contract and certainly not over 12 months

Where is it rumoured that PSG are interested in Salah?

Personally I’d get rid of

Matip
    Gomez
    Trent
    Fabhino
    Milner
    Keita
    Ox

Going to take more than £200m to sort that’s for sure. F$G won’t stump that up.