Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2022-2023 season's expectations and aspirations

UEFA’s player of the year has five LFC players from last season in the top 15. More than any other club. Seems to support my theory that we had the best or close to the best squad in Europe last season.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2022/08/12/official-uefa-now-name-five-liverpool-players-in-the-top-15-best-in-europe-last-season/

Alisson, Thiago, Robertson, Henderson and Diaz are not amongst them

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Not even on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    UEFA’s player of the year has five LFC players from last season in the top 15. More than any other club. Seems to support my theory that we had the best or close to the best squad in Europe last season.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2022/08/12/official-uefa-now-name-five-liverpool-players-in-the-top-15-best-in-europe-last-season/

And last season Chelsea had 7 in the Champions league team of the season.

Come on Taksin mate. It says nothing but how pathetic UEFA are at picking a team.

UEFA are a joke

Last year Chelsea had 2 in the top 10 - this year we had 3.

Virgil in 10th and Salah 7th and Mane 6th (WTF) Mane was utter shyte for most of the season and for a long time before that too - It seems winning the AFCON on pens (Lazer lights in the Egyptian Keepers eyes and all that) really has elevated him way beyond his actual form across the season. He massively picked up from that point on tbf but seriously - it all shows how incredibly fickle this industry is. Mane was hooked for Diaz within weeks of his arrival as he was simply not performing.

UEFA... they are a funny bunch
    Last edited by Steveo; 12th August 2022 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Come on Taksin mate. It says nothing but how pathetic UEFA are at picking a team.
    You are prone to extreme statements like this..

It clearly says more than you wish it to and is a fair measure of how more objective people - foreigners- view our players.

I'm still waiting for a list of all these clubs that obviously had better squads than ours last season.. I can count possibly 3 for whom an argument could be made but it's hardly going to be a water tight argument

City and Chelsea both have better squads imo and that’s just the premier league dude. If you think we have better players than PSG, Bayern or Real that’s fine - I disagree with you though. Let’s play them again this year and see if we can get the better of them. Henderson is getting on the bench at any of those clubs.

If we really do have the best squad Europe we would want to beat a top 4 rival - no? I honestly believe some of you cant actually see the Klopp effect. Seems some are Immune. Players like Coutts - world class one of the best around at the time - goes to shyte the minute he leaves Jurgens embrace. Gini who? Mané was smart enough to go and take it easy in Germany. And he was on over £200k a week bTw.

As for the Player of the season.. Sometimes you have to accept that UEFA teams and votes on players are totally based on a single season. They don’t define the quality of the player and I hope you don’t need that explained.

If you really believe that and think we've got the best squad.... and don't need fsg to spend any money you're in the clouds mate

Or does that mean Klopp is underachieving and should be sacked 5 of the best players in the world?

Suppose to the likes of you, Henderson is one of the best midfielders too.. wouldn't start for a few clubs in EPL never mind top in europe, doesn't even get a game for engerland
    Last edited by Kev0909; 12th August 2022 at 08:42 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

City and Chelsea both have better squads imo and that’s just the premier league dude. If you think we have better players than PSG, Bayern or Real that’s fine - I disagree with you though. Let’s play them again this year and see if we can get the better of them. Henderson is getting on the bench at any of those clubs.

If we really do have the best squad Europe we would want to beat a top 4 rival - no? I honestly believe some of you cant actually see the Klopp effect. Seems some are Immune. Players like Coutts - world class one of the best around at the time - goes to shyte the minute he leaves Jurgens embrace. Gini who? Mané was smart enough to go and take it easy in Germany. And he was on over £200k a week bTw.

As for the Player of the season.. Sometimes you have to accept that UEFA teams and votes on players are totally based on a single season. They don’t define the quality of the player and I hope you don’t need that explained.
    Strong statement I wouldnt back any of those 3 teams to get over 90 points in the EPL.

I disagree PSG/Bayern are better than us not a chance.

You are correct on what UEFA do voting wise its the same with Balon Bullshit you aint winning it if you play in England that is for sure.

City and Chelsea both have better squads imo and that’s just the premier league dude.
    We are talking about had, not have. You’ve muddied the waters (conveniently) - not sure which Chelsea squad you think is/was better but I made that claim last season, not this. 19x tried to sneak Tchouameni Into the Madrid squad when he claimed their squad was better too.

I do not think Chelsea had a better squad than ours last season by any means. If you do, then you agree with UEFA, who you just ridiculed for having that view, strangely.

Don’t start with your magical powers of Klopp argument. We are talking about the squad of players and their quality. If you think our players are only good because of Klopp then you shouldn’t moan about the squad because we have Klopp so we don’t need good players.

I do think Henderson could displace many of our rivals’ players as it happens. I’d have him ahead of Kroos, Georginho or Kovacic for example. All regulars

why has Diaz been nominated for Ballon d'Or? And nunez for that matter, that compeition is a joke many get nominated for it but really on 1-3 players have a chance.

Fabinho is included in top 15 in the world, i'm a big fan of him but seriously lolz
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    why has Diaz been nominated for Ballon d'Or? And nunez for that matter, that compeition is a joke many get nominated for it but really on 1-3 players have a chance.

Fabinho is included in top 15 in the world, i'm a big fan of him but seriously lolz
    Too right Kev its beyond a joke.

Benzema is a shoe in for it.

Ronaldo made the list what for not turning up in any big games last season !

Best to take no notice of it.