Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    League challenge over, expect a real fight for top four this season, since Gini our midfield recruitment has been absolutely abysmal and Klopp stubbornly refuses to move on his many flops and continually plays them ahead of better players, Fab especially
    Need bidders to move lads on.

The stats will suggest we "should" have won that game, though as we all know it doesn't work that way. Created chances (24?) and reacted well to the sending off.

Really need to rally and get 3 points against Man United, begin to climb the table. The difference between the effort/guile/spirit there was chalk-and-cheese from Fulham so let's just see what we can muster at Old Trafford.

108 points left to play for. Let's grab 3 of them against the Mancs.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    theres 5 subs now.. I just thought he may have come on..
    I know but where do you play him ??

I just dont fancy him to plug the defensive gaps and I think Klopp thought the same.

I didnt fancy us for the title we cant compete in financial terms with City and that is the reason they clean up nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I dont enjoy losing.. I dont know who does..
    Still love playing tennis with my old school mate he wins mostimes but always close and always fun!

Sometimes they are long range efforts or efforts under pressure, not really chances but not the case today. We missed the target with several real chances.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We didn't really have a clear chance bar Nunez hitting the post. Elliott was more a half chance and Mo's header would have been some goal if he'd scored. The one he put wide was another that was difficult to put away.
    I'm assuming you don't mean either of Mo's (two) first half chances - including the side-netting he hit when he had all day and was open and free as a bird to pick his spot.

And Trent simply lost composure (and then his balance) when he either could have taken a better shot or squared it to Mo in the middle to slot home with their goalie basically beaten.
    I don't believe you counted that one.
    Or Diaz' first half chances either (even though he came good in the second)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Let’s be fair, going into this season we knew our squad wasn’t good enough to compete for every trophy. Losing Mane Machine we’ve been left with sick notes. I’m sure FSG will say to Klopp, just make sure we qualify for champions league for next season. For me two draws are like defeats. Title challenge ended after two games. Núñez hand your wages back.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I know but where do you play him ??

I just dont fancy him to plug the defensive gaps and I think Klopp thought the same.

I didnt fancy us for the title we cant compete in financial terms with City and that is the reason they clean up nothing else.
    I dunno but will he resign? thats another question.. Regarding competing with Man-city we can when it comes to transfers. we aint exactly poor..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    It’s over already. The consistency needed from this position to get 94 or 95 points to challenge city Is off the charts again. Similar story to last season where we put ourselves in trouble before Christmas. More worried that we seem poor at the back thus far than anything
    I agree, I said last week we conceded more chances and goals than we used to, we aren't as tight as we were.
    We just look miles off all over the pitch and people csn point to slow starts, 38 games etc and they're fair points but like you say the consistency required is insane and we've put unnecessary pressure on ourselves already.
    We look way short of it.

Big Nat was poor for that goal.
    TAA defensively out of position repeatedly
    Seriously need midfield quality
    Nunez was poor and sending off was deserved
    Diaz is class

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I'm assuming you don't mean either of Mo's (two) first half chances - including the side-netting he hit when he had all day and was open and free as a bird to pick his spot.

And Trent simply lost composure (and then his balance) when he either could have taken a better shot or squared it to Mo in the middle to slot home with their goalie basically beaten.
    I don't believe you counted that one.
    Or Diaz' first half chances either (even though he came good in the second)
    3 seasons ago that ball is squared 100% of the time. I hate when players don’t square those sort of positions.