Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If you look at it purely in terms of what worked brilliantly and won us the major trophies, the 2 big ones the chosen replacements not facilitating that continuing or improving the team, then Fab for Hendo and Thiago for Gini have been the equivalent of Julian Dicks for Staunton Paul Stewart for Beardsley without a doubt, which is very Souness like to be fair

To Souness' credit he brought through Fowler and MacManaman, while Jurgen has given us Elliott runs around a lot produced nothing and doesn't provide the link up/triangle with Trent and Mo and hopeless Jones
    Fab was with us for both of those big trophies. Wouldn't have won them without him.
    So in short you must have been tooting your crack pipe again.

If you look at it purely in terms of what worked brilliantly and won us the major trophies, the 2 big ones the chosen replacements not facilitating that continuing or improving the team, then Fab for Hendo and Thiago for Gini have been the equivalent of Julian Dicks for Staunton Paul Stewart for Beardsley without a doubt, which is very Souness like to be fair

To Souness' credit he brought through Fowler and MacManaman, while Jurgen has given us Elliott runs around a lot produced nothing and doesn't provide the link up/triangle with Trent and Mo and hopeless Jones
    I'm pretty sure you're just always on an elaborate wind-up
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

You cant expect 3 in midfield like we had last Monday evening to get everything right...Fabinho was the only class midfielder.
    Ive always said it and not just now I think Milner is way better right back than midfielder.
    That leaves you with Elliot. who will be one of them players that you can never quite a find a position for. To me when it comes to midfielders.. Gerrard is the standard of player we need (i know pie in the sky). But he could hold a 3 and then be amazing player running onto a shot. or taking shots when the play broke off the defenders.

I agree with the out and out number 9 in Nunez.. I just have issues with who plays inbehind. we have tried to play with a false 9.. so that made 4 in midfield. at times.
    I don't like players that you have to play off. By the time you play off them it slows the approach down

i am for possesion football but slow the game down then be quick in the final 3rd.. Right now we are pressing from the off and then making it a back and forth game.. we keep the ball well in most games. but we run to much when we dont need too.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You cant expect 3 in midfield like we had last Monday evening to get everything right...Fabinho was the only class midfielder.
    Ive always said it and not just now I think Milner is way better right back than midfielder.
    That leaves you with Elliot. who will be one of them players that you can never quite a find a position for. To me when it comes to midfielders.. Gerrard is the standard of player we need (i know pie in the sky). But he could hold a 3 and then be amazing player running onto a shot. or taking shots when the play broke off the defenders.

I agree with the out and out number 9 in Nunez.. I just have issues with who plays inbehind. we have tried to play with a false 9.. so that made 4 in midfield. at times.
    I don't like players that you have to play off. By the time you play off them it slows the approach down

i am for possesion football but slow the game down then be quick in the final 3rd.. Right now we are pressing from the off and then making it a back and forth game.. we keep the ball well in most games. but we run to much when we dont need too.
    We'd all love a Gerrard in the side. But was a once in a generation type player and would be difficult for Klopp to just find one of those kicking about in the youth side!

Prime Mascherano or Alonso wouldn't go amiss though!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

You poor lost soul.

Well, we've had 24 hours to absorb this...
    Are we still shit?

Totally

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Well, we've had 24 hours to absorb this...
    Are we still shit?
    Sir, this is the Palace thread.

Let us reminisce about a time where we looked the more threatening side when down to ten and men were men sticking their heads onto the noggins of opposition players before Midnight.

Class of '22. It was a happier time but 8 days ago.