Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I'm assuming you don't mean either of Mo's (two) first half chances - including the side-netting he hit when he had all day and was open and free as a bird to pick his spot.

And Trent simply lost composure (and then his balance) when he either could have taken a better shot or squared it to Mo in the middle to slot home with their goalie basically beaten.
    I don't believe you counted that one.
    Or Diaz' first half chances either (even though he came good in the second)
    Furst half I mean. What clear chances did Diaz have? They were all half chances bar one.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I dunno but will he resign? thats another question.. Regarding competing with Man-city we can when it comes to transfers. we aint exactly poor..
    I wouldn't blame him, he's done what he's can here under these cost-cutting cheapskates

Even think we're a bit light up top with Origi going

Never mind needing 3 midfielders, we'll need someone for upfront next season with firmino going, I hope anyway..
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I dunno but will he resign? thats another question.. Regarding competing with Man-city we can when it comes to transfers. we aint exactly poor..
    I'm not sure im not going to lie I wont be gutted if he goes.

We defo cant compete with City financially nobody can well Newcastle can if allowed.

Chelsea is an interesting one as Saudi have a percentage I think in them which explains there wild spending this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Gutsy performance in light of going down to 10. They all deserve credit for that.

But - 24 shots - only 4 on target.
    Yeah - it's pretty inefficient - sometimes they all go in - I think back to that game where we scored 7 - Minamino got a brace - think it was Palace as well but my memory is shot to bits at the moment as life's a touch stressful at present.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I agree, I said last week we conceded more chances and goals than we used to, we aren't as tight as we were.
    We just look miles off all over the pitch and people csn point to slow starts, 38 games etc and they're fair points but like you say the consistency required is insane and we've put unnecessary pressure on ourselves already.
    We look way short of it.

Palace only had 3 shots on target today, and two of them came only after we went down to 10 men (of course they scored from the first one, which was their first shot on target all game).

It's not like we were getting hammered with chances from them left right and center.
    They only had 27% possession, and that's including us playing a large portion of the second half down a man.

Having said all that, we only had 4 shots on target ourselves (out of 24 overall).
    So that should offer a clue where our real problem actually lies.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Palace only had 3 shots on target today, and two of them came only after we went down to 10 men (of course they scored from the first one, which was their first shot on target all game).

It's not like we were getting hammered with chances from them left right and center.
    They only had 27% possession, and that's including us playing a large portion of the second half down a man.

Having said all that, we only had 4 shots on target ourselves (out of 24 overall).
    So that should offer a clue where our real problem actually lies.
    Simular story with any team we drop points shsinst, or most anyway. We do seem to concede chsnces a bit more than we used to but in terms of possession we always outweigh them.
    Viera got what he came for and it came in my view from spell where we weren't being threatened in any way so got complacent.
    Our conversion rate vs the chances we get has been poor for a long,long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yeah - it's pretty inefficient - sometimes they all go in - I think back to that game where we scored 7 - Minamino got a brace - think it was Palace as well but my memory is shot to bits at the moment as life's a touch stressful at present.
    True 4 can go in and we never mention it.

Stress is a swine matey. Do whatever you can to bum it off.

Try ASMR if you struggle to sleep. Sounds daft but it Helped me

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    It’s over already. The consistency needed from this position to get 94 or 95 points to challenge city Is off the charts again. Similar story to last season where we put ourselves in trouble before Christmas.
    Despite the trouble we put ourselves in before Christmas, we finished just one point off. Villa defend a 2-0 lead on the last day and we win the League - that is how close it was.

With that in mind, it's worth remembering that last season, 4 of our 8 League draws and 1 of our 2 League losses came in the first 11 games.

From League game 22 to game 38 we drew 2 matches and won ALL of the rest.

As head-in-hands as our poor start has been, there's no way we can call the League over after 2 games if our most recent League season is anything to go by. We could win it, we could miss out by 20 points, we could miss out by a single point - we simply have no idea - but it isn't "over" after 2 matches.

There's 2 things we need to do - first is to find a way to grind out wins before the World Cup break, the second is to find a way to come out all guns blazing afterwards.

Very much how Arsenal were.. their owners were happy with top 4..
    I've heard it all now... Being compared to Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    True 4 can go in and we never mention it.

Stress is a swine matey. Do whatever you can to bum it off.

Try ASMR if you struggle to sleep. Sounds daft but it Helped me
    Look after yourself too. Hope the wife is as well as she can be too.

I actually have used ASMR every night for about 8 or 9 years now! I also used to do walks in crowded areas with it in the earphones (I'd use a YouTube converter to rip the audio as it's all I need, not a visual trigger guy) to try and take the "edge" off as I have massive crowd/layers-of-noise issues and an ambition is to see a match at Anfield one day without it costing me about 2 weeks of recovering!