Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Crystal Palace

He will come good miller, I am almost certain. He will score a couple in the next few weeks and then Boom - he won’t stop. That’s what so often kick starts our winning streaks

I feel for Salah in a way.. hes been world class and the expectations for him to produce all the time. eventually it can get to the most talented players.. No doubt he'll get 20+goals this season though
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Hope so Steveo

That all had a horrible predictability about it. I had a nagging feeling all weekend.

Nunez needs to learn from last night very quickly… he’s now got a target on his back for every central defender in the Premier League and beyond. Apparently, that was the first red card for violent conduct since Klopp arrived. He certainly wasn’t very happy about it.

Injuries are certainly not helping our cause. Starting old man Milner, but we don’t need to buy a midfielder.

In a perverse change of circumstances, I actually wouldn’t mind #EmptyOldTrafford being a roaring success.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Hard lesson to learn for the boys tonight.

You don't finish your chances when you're on top and dominating the game, you leave yourself vulnerable to this kind of shit happening to you.

To bad we now have to go face the wounded Mancs without our striker (or any striker, really).
    You just hope Mo finds his shooting boots before then.
    Mo Salah is not a great finisher, never was never will be. Great numbers because of the way we play. Now that 2 of those components that made space for him aren't around his misses will be more apparent as the chances won't be as frequent

Liverpool never been the same since Wijnaldum left. Last season good numbers but never felt like we were that great. Wijnaldum tirelessworker and never got injured.

Also with Mane all those who slated him you will see that we are not the same without him and that he was actually our main threat and opened up the game when we needed a lift.

Darwin Nunez Benfica robbed us big time. He will score goals but he is not a good player

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Liverpool never been the same since Wijnaldum left. Last season good numbers but never felt like we were that great. Wijnaldum tirelessworker and never got injured.

Also with Mane all those who slated him you will see that we are not the same without him and that he was actually our main threat and opened up the game when we needed a lift.

Darwin Nunez Benfica robbed us big time. He will score goals but he is not a good player
    Those two were very good for us but BOTH wanted to leave us dont forget that.

Early days on Darwin yet yeah im angry with him last night more angry he misses 3 games as we have Jota/Firmino out.

He cost £64m yes its alot of money but Richarlison and Brighton full cost the same ...its now the going rate you can blame PSG for starting it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Thanks buddy - as good as we could have hoped.

Glad to hear you are an ASMR man yourself. Confession time. I have had a awareness of it - or a sensitivity to it - since I was a wee nipper. Used to stay up in the Pool with my Grandparents. My gran would try and fish out a book to read me every night from shelves above the bed. And the sound of that rummaging used to all but send me to nod itself. Yep books and the sounds they make - that’s my poison.

I have been a user now for a similar time to you. Every night. Feels like a crutch an addiction - but it just works for
    me. Natural born insomniac.
    That's really interesting! I had certain noise triggers from when I was young - one was the tin of buttons and sewing bits my Gran had, another the very particular way that my Grandad turned pages.

In primary school we were made to go to Church to practice singing. Inevitably as 6/7 year-olds there would be a lot of whispering and I always remembered my spine and forehead going absolutely nuts - literally how I came across ASMR videos was a little flashback to that feeling making me Google a combo of words like "funny feeling when people whisper" and once I started I was hooked!

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post

Well lads, the party is over, we've had the golden years, this is sadly Jurgen Souness Klopp we're witnessing, it is going to be a scrap for top four this season and a tough one and we are going to struggle for consistency

Jurgen has been absolutely brilliant, but he's made an unholy cock up of the supposed evolution, people can slate FSG all they like, the midfield has been Jurgen's doing and we haven't signed a top quality midfielder who has done what the team needed since Gini

Best I've seen our midfield at any stage since Jurgen was here, title winning season Gini LCM Hendo No6 and any other RCM by an absolute fucking mile, pressing and counter pressing, supporting the full backs to play at their absolute best and releasing them and the timing of releasing them, switches and releasing players in behind either side or central from No6, whatever you think of the technique, it was devastatingly effective and complimented our players perfectly

What we have now is a rabble, last season, again like him or loathe him, the Mo, Hendo Trent combo was the fulcrum for an awful lot of our goals, I'd always have had Hendo at No6, but nether the less that worked, so we again throw the baby out with the bath water and ditch another constant that worked for us, it's just fucking madness to me, it's why I can't be arsed, the evolution was the best ride ever, absolutely glorious, but what Jurgen and the recruitment team have done since the very pinnacle of that has been devolution and it's painful to watch and for me has been since we threw the baby out with the bath water when Fab returned and was immediately put back in and not on merit late 19-20

You get consistency by having players who understand what each other need and how best to play the system, who are capable of doing the same basic things that facilitate each other playing at higher levels on a consistent basis

Jurgen voluntarily took away the Gini LCM Hendo No6 combo that was the epitome of that and the fulcrum for our being Premier League title winners - Taking away a constant that worked better than anything we'd ever had since he arrived, that wasn't FSG

Now already this season, people slating Mo, we've taken away the constant and combo of Trent Hendo Mo that was the fulcrum for so many of our goals last season, Elliot's improve in the pressing, runs around a lot, looks decent and tidy, but he doesn't produce anytihng, he doesn't provide the movement, basic simple experienced midfielder movement that open up space and opportunities to release Trent in space to cross or Mo 1v1 to cross or look to beat his man and deliver more

That was a huge part of what I thought would help Nunez be very successful for us, how we worked the space to release either Mo, Hendo or Trent to create or for Mo to score, it was perfect for a true No9 great at making runs across and off the back of his markers, but hey, let's buy such a player then throw that out of the window, it's like watching Souness manage us right now, a series of appalling and senseless decisions, including the players he let go and brought in or who wanted to go because he didn't fully appreciate them or give them the love they deserved

Again Nunez needs to repeat Mo's trick from when he was at Roma, get a goal in the garden of his mansion and practice practice practice practice finishing, for me he has everything else, he actually played a few quite brilliant first time passes yesterday to find our other forwards that had the Kop purring he has really good everything, I always though his finishing would need to improve, but that it would with games and training with players of higher ability in that respect, not having the Mo Hendo Trent combo to set up for the ball in to make it easier for him isn't helping

Anyway, fuck it, it's a God awful mess, Oxlade, Keita, Fabinho and Thiago have all been poor signings, all meant ot provide evolution, all have failed to, the best I can say about any of them is Fab provided it in the sense he made Hendo have to raise his game to higher levels, but once that had happened, it was obvious Hendo was far superior to Fab at No6, especially with his passing and game intelligence and Fab was surplus to requirements and we needed another No6 more in the mould of what Fab had pushed Hendo to become We just don't admit we got these signings and things wrong, move them on and move forward

It's been going backwards evolution wise since the day in the late 19-20 season Jurgen brought Fab back in at No6 in pace of Hendo, breaking the Gini LCM and Hendo No6 partnership that has been absolutely incredible and since then, midfield wise, it's been bad decision after bad decision after bad decision, he's made a right royal mess of it and he'll keep chopping and changing not giving our forwards and full backs any consistency to work and play off
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Thing is Nineteen players get older so Gini/Hendo cant press like they could at 26-27 each week.

You have to addapt otherwise you get found out you cant play the same way every season that is obvious....City have changed too by signing Haaland.

Reality is this and I have said it for a few years now we have done well to compete and win the title but over a long period 7-10 years we just wont keep up with oil money.

Its going to be long hard season for everyone not just us we might be better off blooding youngsters this season and sort of write it off.