Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yep agreed you miss those sorts CCTV they never moan and do a solid job.

Utd used to have that with Welbeck/O'Shea not world beaters but you know they will play for the team.

Onto last night a draw isnt bad when you look at what Darwin did but people will be angry/upset as they know you need 90+ to win the title.

My mindset last few seasons has always been City will win it they just have a better squad and their titles prove it.

We all want to win nobody wants to lose/draw my thinking is without some loon with loads of dough or state funding we just cant compete season after season.

I think the way we do it is the right organic way its just whilst countries own clubs it is mighty hard to beat them.
    We are doing it the "right" way.

I was surprised at the line up. Although had Millie hit the target 40 seconds in, that game would have gone differently
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    We are doing it the "right" way.

I was surprised at the line up. Although had Millie hit the target 40 seconds in, that game would have gone differently
    Yeah it would have.

What is hard to understand is how we have gone from chasing Choo Choo to then having Milner start 2 games into the season.

Elliott is looking good so far though.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yep agreed you miss those sorts CCTV they never moan and do a solid job.

Utd used to have that with Welbeck/O'Shea not world beaters but you know they will play for the team.

Onto last night a draw isnt bad when you look at what Darwin did but people will be angry/upset as they know you need 90+ to win the title.

My mindset last few seasons has always been City will win it they just have a better squad and their titles prove it.

We all want to win nobody wants to lose/draw my thinking is without some loon with loads of dough or state funding we just cant compete season after season.

I think the way we do it is the right organic way its just whilst countries own clubs it is mighty hard to beat them.
    This is it.

The fact we only have one title to show for the last 4 years depsite surpassing 90pts on three occasions is ridiculous. It's a phenomenal acheivement to reach these kind of point tallies. Any other era and these lads would be right up there with the sides/players from the 70s and 80s.

It's just unfortunate for us we have the richest club on the planet in our league.

It's mad to think we could achieve 88 points, finish 10 points behind City and fans would be disapointed.

It's not sustainable for us in the long run. We can be savvy/prudent with our managers/transfers/academy but if we need 90+ points every season then a lot of people are going to be disapointed over the next few years.

This is the point I was making before about these kinds of achievements being 'normalised'.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

I agree completely. Complaining that we are not Man City is childish. It’s also morally questionable as I wouldn’t want to be them even if it was on offer.

No were else to put it as its a bit random.
    Just sitting on the train at Lime st, and a fella walks past on the platform and I'm think I know him. None other than Jamie Carragher.
    Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    We played kids and reserves up to the semis of both competitions. It equates to an extra 5 games for the first XI(ish).
    Yeah we did. But maybe those 5 games would have made the difference where fine margins are concerned. We just looked to miss that sparkle at the very end of the campaign.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Lots of effort, thought Robbo looked tired, don’t know why, he never really pressed.
    Trent was woeful and casual , he can’t think he can salvage his inclusion by doing the occasional. Beckham passes .
    Salah was caught offside 2 or 3 times, whilst running back….can’t check it but was he slow getting back or rushed going forward.
    Diaz was unbelievable, feel for the man. In prev games he’s done everything but score. What a work rate and the goal sublime.
    Nat was unfortunate pitched against Zaha but played ok.
    Harvey showed signs of class and certainly work rate, but it didn’t gel…..it will.
    Nunez……just tried too hard to prove himself, perhaps that’s why Jurgen has been holding him back ?
    Fabinho just ok
    Virgil just ok.
    Carvalho…wished he had been put on a bit earlier .
    Alisson great block or we wouldn’t have a point.
    Positives …..LUIS DIAZ.

Just miffed .
    Just going though the thread.
    I agree with everything you say, very good assessment apart from Diaz. I thought he was awful and was lucky to be still on the pitch when he scored. After the goal he was brilliant, I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Just going though the thread.
    I agree with everything you say, very good assessment apart from Diaz. I thought he was awful and was lucky to be still on the pitch when he scored. After the goal he was brilliant, I'll give you that.
    Agree. Thought Diaz was poor until Nunez went off. Then he stepped up massively. Was it a case of being upstaged by the big new signing? That goal was outstanding. Gerrardesque.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Ians on the pitch
    Ha ha, If Jurgen had gotten him, he'd of killed him buy the look of his actions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    Agree. Thought Diaz was poor until Nunez went off. Then he stepped up massively. Was it a case of being upstaged by the big new signing? That goal was outstanding. Gerrardesque.
    It was some goal, I was on the kop the side he cut in . I be honest, I didn't think we were going to score. He's obviously one of those players who can score from anywhere. Every team needs them !!