Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Jurgen's at the wheel

19 gets as frustrated as the rest of us and airs his views.

That’s what Forums are for. I disagree with hundreds of posts on here on an ongoing basis and most of the time, I just ignore them and move on.

I only get really annoyed at posts when they get personal.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    This thread is full Blabla.
    I like this one too

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    It is embarrassing that Ten Hag got his lineup spot on and motivated for a derby and Klopp didn’t get even close. Weird night and midfield choice not having Fab in there.
    We helped their cause though. Klopp's got to motivate the lads, sure - but some of that motivation comes from within too. If a lot of those lads perform better than tonight, we can get a result. If they can't get themselves up for a game against Man United, they have to look at themselves.

Fab may have been carrying a knock - we'll find out in due course.

Blabla kevativity

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We helped their cause though. Klopp's got to motivate the lads, sure - but some of that motivation comes from within too. If a lot of those lads perform better than tonight, we can get a result. If they can't get themselves up for a game against Man United, they have to look at themselves.

Fab may have been carrying a knock - we'll find out in due course.
    Yeah Sid I can remember plenty of poor performances at OT but not ones where most of the team didn’t care enough to even get stuck in at all. United came at us with everything they could do and it took everyone by surprise. I was surprised United didn’t score more.

Let's hope someone resurrects this tripe of a thread in June

Fab hadn't trained for 2 days apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    What do you expect Sid, 19 shits on his own more often than not. He has form for it. Gerrard,Rogers,Fabinho,Gomez and now Klopp. There's probably a few more.
    I'm not up for watching the further devolution of what was once great, we've already pissed far too much of what was once great away

Fabinho's shit, he was woeful against Fulham and against Palace, he's not a midfielder, he's a RB converted to a DM without the sensibilities of a midfielder, doesn't read the game doesn't understand who is his man threatening his area if our play breaks down and when he can and can't get ahead of a player in such a position and he's fucking useless with the ball

He had half a good season, when he was superb, when Jurgen used him in a high destroyer role and Gini and Millie or Hendo both sat deeper doing the defensive work, once he got rumbled playing that role just past halfway through the season, he was never superb again, in any single game

I love Jurgen, but his planned evolution simply hasn't worked and he's thrown the rest away, even including the Hendo Trent, Mo triangles that played such an integral part on our right last season and was the only beginnings of some new good automation, it would also have provided a very good foil and set up point to feed Nunez better service from

As we played at our very very best under Jurgen 19-20 without Fab, all the team was lacking to considerably evolve how it played then was another 2 midfielders who could play accurate switches and attempted balls over the top and through balls when we were well positioned to win any second ball

They would have enabled the further development of both full backs, which has yet to happen, and greater variety of movement between the full backs and all 3 forwards

Then after that had bedded in and new automation and movement had been established, bringing in a player like Thiago might well have been a good thing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You got your starting 3 in midfield, and right back. That's where our issues started last night.
    Declaring Elliot is an issue after the game, but not your selection of him prior to the game ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    You got your starting 3 in midfield, and right back. That's where our issues started last night.
    Declaring Elliot is an issue after the game, but not your selection of him prior to the game ?
    That was Fabs fault not Nineteenx
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century