Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Jurgen's at the wheel

Funny how we improved when fabinho came on you fucking muppet bore off

at least you're starting realise henderson isn't as world class as you stupidly think he is.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    But you are literally the only person who thinks that. Not one single person either on here or in the media ties in with your narrative.
    That's says something.
    Yep, they're all fuck wits

Here's the link of 'Why Fabinho is the Premier League's best holding midfielder

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15117/11812068/why-fabinho-is-now-the-premier-leagues-best-holding-midfielder

Check the heat map, this is where he played and how he was employed in that first half a season, people still talk about him as though that's still the case, that's the issue

Check the heat map, was he playing as a holding midfielder in that first season, or was he playing as a high pressing destroyer as I have described?

Was he or was he not found out playng in that role as team started to exploit our right flank on a consistent basis by releasing a player for transition in the gaping hole in the centre Fab operating as a high destroyer left, to release a runner in behind Trent?

Did we, or did we not have to bring Hendo back in to play at RCM to do the job a holding midfielder should have been doing?

All of that happened, everyone who rates Fabinho still does so because A He is not Hendo B On the back of that first half season everyone was raving about him before he got found out or Jurgen's use of him got found out and he hasn't played that role since

There are shit loads of better actual No6's in world football than Fabinho, there are loads in the Prem alone, Hojbjerg, Bissouma, Bentancur, Casemiro, Henderson, N'Didi, Kante and many more I could add to that list, all better at reading the game, better with the ball, better in the press and counter press and in their positioning and understanding of whether or not they should get ahead of players in their area in certain phases of play or hold a player up blocking nay pass rather than steaming in like erm, a destroyer, because they're all actual midfielders

Fab made his reputation of playing a positon that was high destroyer, not DM in half a season, he hasn't played it since and almost every time he gets that far up the pitch in any game now, he goes ahead of a player he shouldn't, they break by finding that player for transition and we're in trouble, he does it 4 or more times every game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yep, they're all fuck wits

Here's the link of 'Why Fabinho is the Premier League's best holding midfielder

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15117/11812068/why-fabinho-is-now-the-premier-leagues-best-holding-midfielder

Check the heat map, this is where he played and how he was employed in that first half a season, people still talk about him as though that's still the case, that's the issue

Check the heat map, was he playing as a holding midfielder in that first season, or was he playing as a high pressing destroyer as I have described?

Was he or was he not found out playng in that role as team started to exploit our right flank on a consistent basis by releasing a player for transition in the gaping hole in the centre Fab operating as a high destroyer left, to release a runner in behind Trent?

Did we, or did we not have to bring Hendo back in to play at RCM to do the job a holding midfielder should have been doing?

All of that happened, everyone who rates Fabinho still does so because A He is not Hendo B On the back of that first half season everyone was raving about him before he got found out or Jurgen's use of him got found out and he hasn't played that role since

There are shit loads of better actual No6's in world football than Fabinho, there are loads in the Prem alone, Hojbjerg, Bissouma, Bentancur, Casemiro, Henderson, N'Didi, Kante and many more I could add to that list, all better at reading the game, better with the ball, better in the press and counter press and in their positioning and understanding of whether or not they should get ahead of players in their area in certain phases of play or hold a player up blocking nay pass rather than steaming in like erm, a destroyer, because they're all actual midfielders

Fab made his reputation of playing a positon that was high destroyer, not DM in half a season, he hasn't played it since and almost every time he gets that far up the pitch in any game now, he goes ahead of a player he shouldn't, they break by finding that player for transition and we're in trouble, he does it 4 or more times every game
    Do you think we improved when Fab came on last night , Yes or No ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Funny how we improved when fabinho came on you fucking muppet bore off

at least you're starting realise henderson isn't as world class as you stupidly think he is.
    Involved in what? WHat was it he did? Found one of our players in a great forward position with support? Planted a free header tamely straight at De Gea, successfully contributed to making the play in any way shape or form? Oh no, it was non of those things

His most significant and obvious contribution was being one of 3 players who stood there and let Rashford run straight past them for what could have been 3-1 And another near miss with either Erikson or Martial when they went past him like he wasn't there and he was blocking Virgil for them in the process

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Do you think we improved when Fab came on last night , Yes or No ?
    Absolutely not, we improve when Carvalho came on, he made a massive difference, Fab who was one of 3 players who let Rashford breeze past him, planted a tame lame free header straight into De Gea's hands and didn't release a single one of our players ahead of him with a meaningful pass?

In any scenario in which we are chasing a goal or two Fab should not be on the pitch, bringing him on was headless chicken stuff as he proved defensively and with the ball and a gilt edged chance to equalise after coming on

Tra lah la la la la la la la la lah Jurgen's at the wheel at the wheel Jurgen's at the wheel

Where to start, sacrificed a system and ideology that won the Champions League and Premier League for a fantasy ideal of his favourite players and it simply isn't working or evolving into anything of substance

Threw loads of absolutely brilliant, world class automation built up over 5 seasons out of the window on his personal whims, something I have warned extensively about since the 19-20 season

No runs in behind for our limited players that can to even try and release

We've completely lost our ability on the counter and to be devastatingly direct, completely lost it

The pressing and counter pressing is NOWHERE near it's best ever levels and nowhere near good enough and with that we have lost our once phenomenal ability at winning second balls also

Elliot keeps playing, looks neat and tidy and busy enough, moves the ball on quickly, but he just doesn't have the intelligence or positional sense to provide the positioning and movement and constant support through that in the triangles for Mo and Trent to flourish as they did when that was provided for them or the support for Trent defensively

Persists with the hopeless Gomez as an option at CB when he had a great offer for him this summer and an opportunity to replace him, Fabinho as a DM, even bringing him on tonight when we need a goal when he's shite with the ball for fucks sake, Thiago who has simply never done it in a Liverpool shirt however sexy some of what he does that amounts to nothing looks and whose attempts at playmaking and constant overplaying are THE primary contributory factor to the loss of our ability to be direct and on the counter

It's a complete mess for me, and not a knee jerk, I've been saying all of what is said here since 18-19, after the Champions League win the job was simple, keep what works, never throw your greatest strengths out of the window above all else, make sure to retain those devastating qualities, bring in another top quality forward, bring in midfielders who first and foremost can do exactly what the current ones were doing for the team, identifying ones with suitable fitness records and better passing to release our forwards and full backs in behind, in combination or in isolation, it wasn't rocket science

An unholy fuck up has been made of the proposed/alleged evolution, which has transpired to be a grotesque devolution of everything that once made us the best side in Europe and the Premier League with nothing replacing it and an incredible amount of throwing out of the baby with the bath water

An awful lot needs to be worked at and on, as this is just a mess, there's no automation or patterns in our play anymore, even the Trent Hendo Mo combo that re-emerged last season has been ditched from the off this season and that's why Mo isn't getting into games or being released, and we no longer have the players through poor midfield recruitment to go back to basics, we haven't signed a great midfielder who has been the right fit and what we need since Gini
    You really are a bellend.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    You really are a bellend.
    Don't shoot the messenger

How many time the last 2 seasons have I bemoaned

No runs in behind

Not anywhere near good enough in our press and counter press

Complete loss of all automation

A stand in or new RCM not fulfilling the duties that have come with the role since late 18-19

And many more issues that were all in evidence in that disaster last night, a lot, and each time I got responses similar to yours, yet here we are

Don't shoot the messenger

How many time the last 2 seasons have I bemoaned

No runs in behind

Not anywhere near good enough in our press and counter press

Complete loss of all automation

A stand in or new RCM not fulfilling the duties that have come with the role since late 18-19

And many more issues that were all in evidence in that disaster last night, a lot, and each time I got responses similar to yours, yet here we are
    We had injuries and a suspension. I don't think anyone is saying that we need a couple of players:

Elliot
    Milner
    Firmino
    Gomez

Are not regular 1st team players. That's 4 out of 10 outfield players.

I think it's disrespectful to Klopp the way you think your bedroom analysis, with limited insight into the real dynamics of the club, puts you in a position to criticize one of our best managers of all time.

Do you get anywhere near an amateur club as a coach? Do you have any role in real football beyond your laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I think it's disrespectful to Klopp the way you think your bedroom analysis, with limited insight into the real dynamics of the club, puts you in a position to criticize one of our best managers of all time.

Do you get anywhere near an amateur club as a coach? Do you have any role in real football beyond your laptop?
    He should stick to what has worked for him, I don't know what happened at Dortmund, maybe he strayed from the model that made him so successful there trying to be overly tappy crappy too and he is one of the best managers we have ever had, no doubt, I love the guy, maybe he should stick to what always worked for him, even the best managers that ever walked the planet can get carried away and lose sight of what made them successful in the first place at times