Page 1 of 35 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury+suspension list and updates.

Injury+suspension list and updates.

Thought it may be handy to have a spot where the unavailable lads are listed with updates (as we get them) for a quick point of reference this season, particularly as it's already shaping up to be an injury-hit one it seems. A lot of fingernails will be bitten during the World Cup and I'll be glad that some of our lads won't be going. Will also be selfishly hoping that some of their respective international sides get knocked out early so we can get them back and recover.

Joel Matip - Jürgen Klopp on August 15th - "will be two weeks. We will see with that."

Thiago Alcantara - couldn't find a timeframe as info was conflicted, can update or edit later.

Ibrahima Konate - one of the journos, possibly Pearce, had said he won't be back until at least after the international break.

Curtis Jones - got his injury in pre-season. On August 19th Klopp said - "Getting closer. Ask after the game again but no chance for this game."

Diogo Jota - Klopp's answer about Jones was in response to injury to Jones and Jota, so presumably Diogo will be "soon" as well rather than 6 weeks plus.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - On July 29th Klopp said - "It's a serious hamstring injury and it will take longer." Doesn't sound encouraging.

Calvin Ramsay - missed out on the pre-season. On July 9th Klopp said - "Unfortunately, Calvin is now not training with us in the moment, he has a little injury. Nobody knew, we found it when he did his medical check."

Caoimhin Kelleher - On July 29th Klopp said - "I think Caoimh will be another two, three weeks and then he should be fine."

Darwin Núñez - serving a three-match ban in the League. Two more matches to go now that Man United is done.

Can update later if I missed anyone, or if niggles were picked up when playing Man United.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

(missed Keita - will slot him in later from a PC - any time I attempt to edit a post from mobile I always manage to delete it)

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    (missed Keita - will slot him in later from a PC - any time I attempt to edit a post from mobile I always manage to delete it)
    Thats a kink with the mobile version I think. It has happened me a few times and I just don't bother re-writing.

Good idea on the thread. Would be good to track frequency of injuries to players as well throughout the season, but that's a bit of work 😊

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Thats a kink with the mobile version I think. It has happened me a few times and I just don't bother re-writing.

Good idea on the thread. Would be good to track frequency of injuries to players as well throughout the season, but that's a bit of work 😊
    Noted, thank you!

I doubt I will track frequency each week - maybe during the World Cup if I have a free hour I could collate that and then do so again near the end of the season but will admit I ain't promising anything!

Definitely happy to update this thread for injuries/info on possible returns, purely as I know how much easier it is to find info within a site you're already using rather than go into Google in the middle of browsing.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post

Good idea on the thread. Would be good to track frequency of injuries to players as well throughout the season, but that's a bit of work ��
    Will be 900 pages long keeping up with the injuries
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Noted, thank you!

I doubt I will track frequency each week - maybe during the World Cup if I have a free hour I could collate that and then do so again near the end of the season but will admit I ain't promising anything!

Definitely happy to update this thread for injuries/info on possible returns, purely as I know how much easier it is to find info within a site you're already using rather than go into Google in the middle of browsing.
    I wouldn't be thinking weekly. But say thiago comes back in 6 weeks. Then gets injured again in December in 2 weeks. We could update then to keep bith injury periods noted. It would give a clear view of our injury problem players (although we know who they are)

So what's the story with Keita - injured or about to be sold?

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    So what's the story with Keita - injured or about to be sold?
    Just reading up now. looks like yet "ANOTHER" injury, suppose to be having scan today or tomorrow

Its even more bizarre why we let Wijnaldum go. Not only was he better than Keita and Oxlade he never got injured and further more both players got paid way more than Gini.
    I know its been mentioned dozens of times. But you could tell the likes of Keita and Oxlade are injury prone.

How could you possibly omit Keita from an injury list?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief