Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury+suspension list and updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    We'll never know but replace Henderson with a top midfielder, or just a very good midfielder ,we'd have won a few more titles and at least another champions league.

Imagine gerrard behind the attackers playing like they did.. thanks to FSG we'll never know.

We've not had a great midfield for some time really "since the best midfield in the world!
    We'd have nigh on the best side ever assembled with that midfield!

Honestly - no it wouldn’t.

Klopp has made so many heads spin with what he has got from these players.

Here is a Real side from 2006… it’s not even one of their greatest sides, in fact a relatively ordinary one under Capello.

Take a peak.

ESP Iker Casillas
    ESP Míchel Salgado
    BRA Roberto Carlos
    ESP Sergio Ramos
    ITA Fabio Cannavaro
    MLI Mahamadou Diarra
    ESP Raúl
    BRA Emerson
    BRA Ronaldo
    BRA Robinho
    BRA Cicinho
    BRA Marcelo
    ESP Diego López
    ESP Guti
    ESP Raúl Bravo
    ARGFernando Gago
    NED Ruud van Nistelrooy
    ITA Antonio Cassano 19
    ESP José Antonio Reyes
    ARG Gonzalo Higuaín
    ESP Iván Helguera

We could throw in Rafa’s magic middle - and we’d be a fantastic group for sure - but minus Klopp we wouldn’t be getting close to the greatest ever sides. We play to Klopp’s system. If people believe Andy Robertson is truly world class outside that system - then good luck to them. If they believe Bobby or Mané were ever the best in the world.. again - great.. but I suggest they have been guilty of accepting the hype. Trent has been superb for us going forward but he doesn’t get a game for a top European side with so many deficiencies.

This current crop we have are very good - extremely hard working players who have bought into Klopp’s philosophy. Put most of them in the home Colours on the pitch at the Camp Nou or Bernabeo and they would likely wilt.
    Last edited by Steveo; 21st September 2022 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Honestly - no it wouldn’t.

Klopp has made so many heads spin with what he has got from these players.

Here is a Real side from 2006… it’s not even one of their greatest sides, in fact a relatively ordinary one under Capello.

Take a peak.

ESP Iker Casillas
    ESP Míchel Salgado
    BRA Roberto Carlos
    ESP Sergio Ramos
    ITA Fabio Cannavaro
    MLI Mahamadou Diarra
    ESP Raúl
    BRA Emerson
    BRA Ronaldo
    BRA Robinho
    BRA Cicinho
    BRA Marcelo
    ESP Diego López
    ESP Guti
    ESP Raúl Bravo
    ARGFernando Gago
    NED Ruud van Nistelrooy
    ITA Antonio Cassano 19
    ESP José Antonio Reyes
    ARG Gonzalo Higuaín
    ESP Iván Helguera

We could throw in Rafa’s magic middle - and we’d be a fantastic group for sure - but minus Klopp we wouldn’t be getting close to the greatest ever sides. We play to Klopp’s system. If people believe Andy Robertson is truly world class outside that system - then good luck to them. If they believe Bobby or Mané were ever the best in the world.. again - great.. but I suggest they have been guilty of accepting the hype. Trent has been superb for us going forward but he doesn’t get a game for a top European side with so many deficiencies.

This current crop we have are very good - extremely hard working players who have bought into Klopp’s philosophy. Put most of them in the home Colours on the pitch at the Camp Nou or Bernabeo and they would likely wilt.
    Ordinary but nearly a world-class player or near world class player in every position!
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Ordinary but nearly a world-class player or near world class player in every position!
    Yes - that’s the level and expectation at the very top. That’s why they have won it 14 times I guess. I remember a close pal of mine - a staunch Madridista saying how boring they were too.

We are far far greater than sum of our parts. We don’t have a Suarez or a Torres - or a Gerard even. An Alonso or a Masch would be a dream. We have a truly world class Centre back and keeper. A world class winger who has clocked up huge mileage and a player with world class ability - but a second class injury record in midfield - Thiago.

The rest have to be on it at 110%

And for the record - 1/3rd of what we call 'the best midfield in the world' contained Javier Mascherano.. a superb player by all accounts - but one deemed so technically brilliant by the Catalans - they moved him to CB within 7 months of his arrival.

Momo Sissoko!!
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

And him. soz..

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    He'll play, no doubt about that. He'll also get injured again. International football can fuck off until the World Cup.
    If he spends the duration of his time with England hovering over Bellingham's ear with his hood up imitating Palpatine whilst whispering about the "Dark side of the Force" so that Jude ultimately joins us I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And for the record - 1/3rd of what we call 'the best midfield in the world' contained Javier Mascherano.. a superb player by all accounts - but one deemed so technically brilliant by the Catalans - they moved him to CB within 7 months of his arrival.
    A midfield of Alonso, Gerrard, and Mascherano in this team?

"...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"